I LOVE being with the Young Women in our church. Serious. I love every part of it.
Including...
GIRLS' CAMP!!!
Our Stake's theme for camp was, "Live like you believe...in the Jungle!" Our value was virtue, making our color gold, so we chose to be the cheetahs!! We had the most AWESOME tribal chant, in fact, we won the best tribal chant award at camp. We were super silly and had so much fun. For some reason, it is not hard for me at all to tap into my crazy side. Just ask Nelson, he gets embarrassed sometimes. ;)
| So, so fun!! |
The best part of Girls' Camp is undoubtedly the last night when everyone gathers together to hear the Stake President speak and then to bear testimony of what they believe. This was my first time attending camp as a leader instead of a young woman, and witnessing testimonies was absolutely amazing. These girls are such beautiful daughters of God with so much potential and it is so inspiring to see them stand and testify of what they know is true.
I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to mingle with these wonderful girls. They keep me striving to be more faithful, more true, more Christlike. I am especially grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that God lives. I know He has a plan, and it is a plan of happiness if I but do my part in keeping the commandments and covenants I have made. I know that through our Savior Jesus Christ, I can be with my family forever. What an amazing feeling that is. I am just filled to the brim with happiness when I think of how blessed I truly am.
I'm sad that Girls' Camp is over, but very happy to be sleeping in my soft, comfy bed. Oh, and I'm happy for the opportunity to shower in my nice, clean tub! :)
1 comment:
Katie! You are such a cute mom!!! And how lucky are those young women to have such a great example to look up too!!! Thanks for sharing your testimony.
Post a Comment