I have been thinking much about motherhood lately. I love to read Stephanie Nielsen's blog, the nieniedialogues, and she recently held a motherhood essay contest. As I read the words of other dedicated and loving mothers who are faced with incredible challenges, I can't help but feel even more grateful for our two little boys.
One evening Nelson and I were talking about jobs that allow one to feel close to the Lord all of the time. I thought of my high school seminary teacher, Brother Crockett, who is one of my heroes. He spends the majority of each day devoted to studying the scriptures and teaching the gospel. Nelson has been listening to Conference talks all day every day while he works. He isn't able to focus his entire attention on the talks, but he still feels the Spirit and phrases will stick out to him. I am grateful that he is willing to work so hard for our family so that I can be at home with our children. What a divine job I have! I'm thankful I have a "job" that allows me to feel close to Heavenly Father.
Last Saturday we went to a baptism here in Hampstead. It brought back wonderful memories of my own baptism and the pure happiness I felt that day. Nelson was asked to give a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a beautiful talk and I was reminded of what a special gift I received myself on October 20, 2002. I have the sacred gift to have Heavenly Father's spirit, a member of the Godhead, with me all the time, as I am worthy of it.
I have recently had a great desire to draw closer to Heavenly Father. I love to listen to church songs throughout the day and one song in particular has stuck a chord deep within me. It is called, "Beautiful to Him" by Rachel Thibodeau.
"I define myself and find my beauty in the light he gives.
I'm refined by His divine intentions every day I live.
It doesn't matter what the world believes,
Or what they say that beauty means,
It comes from within.
I want to be beautiful to Him."
Our last Family Home Evening lesson was centered on service. We watched a video on unselfish service in which Elder Oaks speaks of the service we offer to our children, "Mothers suffer pain and loss of personal priorities and comforts to bear and rear each child. Fathers adjust their lives and priorities to support a family." I am so glad that I have been molded into a different, less selfish person because of my opportunity to be a mother. I know that I have learned much more from our children than I will ever be able to teach them.
I desire to be beautiful, not in the eyes of the world, but in the eyes of my Creator. I learn and struggle and grow each day as I nurture and love our boys. I am ever thankful that the Lord has trusted Nelson and me with our special sons who have been saved through the ages and sent to Earth for this day. They each have such great worth and potential. I hope they not only feel of our immense love, but also of the Lord's love.
How grateful I am to have the opportunity to be a mother. How grateful I am to have such an amazing husband to be the father of our children. There is divinity in my role. I define myself and find my beauty in motherhood.
Here are some pictures and recent happenings of our most precious blessings.
One evening Nelson and I were talking about jobs that allow one to feel close to the Lord all of the time. I thought of my high school seminary teacher, Brother Crockett, who is one of my heroes. He spends the majority of each day devoted to studying the scriptures and teaching the gospel. Nelson has been listening to Conference talks all day every day while he works. He isn't able to focus his entire attention on the talks, but he still feels the Spirit and phrases will stick out to him. I am grateful that he is willing to work so hard for our family so that I can be at home with our children. What a divine job I have! I'm thankful I have a "job" that allows me to feel close to Heavenly Father.
Last Saturday we went to a baptism here in Hampstead. It brought back wonderful memories of my own baptism and the pure happiness I felt that day. Nelson was asked to give a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was a beautiful talk and I was reminded of what a special gift I received myself on October 20, 2002. I have the sacred gift to have Heavenly Father's spirit, a member of the Godhead, with me all the time, as I am worthy of it.
I have recently had a great desire to draw closer to Heavenly Father. I love to listen to church songs throughout the day and one song in particular has stuck a chord deep within me. It is called, "Beautiful to Him" by Rachel Thibodeau.
"I define myself and find my beauty in the light he gives.
I'm refined by His divine intentions every day I live.
It doesn't matter what the world believes,
Or what they say that beauty means,
It comes from within.
I want to be beautiful to Him."
Our last Family Home Evening lesson was centered on service. We watched a video on unselfish service in which Elder Oaks speaks of the service we offer to our children, "Mothers suffer pain and loss of personal priorities and comforts to bear and rear each child. Fathers adjust their lives and priorities to support a family." I am so glad that I have been molded into a different, less selfish person because of my opportunity to be a mother. I know that I have learned much more from our children than I will ever be able to teach them.
I desire to be beautiful, not in the eyes of the world, but in the eyes of my Creator. I learn and struggle and grow each day as I nurture and love our boys. I am ever thankful that the Lord has trusted Nelson and me with our special sons who have been saved through the ages and sent to Earth for this day. They each have such great worth and potential. I hope they not only feel of our immense love, but also of the Lord's love.
How grateful I am to have the opportunity to be a mother. How grateful I am to have such an amazing husband to be the father of our children. There is divinity in my role. I define myself and find my beauty in motherhood.
Here are some pictures and recent happenings of our most precious blessings.
![]() |
| Ashton is obsessed with this riding this red firetruck at the Food Lion....obsessed. |
| If the firetruck isn't available, he will settle for the yellow car. He is the cutest little guy in it! He does hand-over-hand turning that makes every passerby laugh out loud! |
| Sweetest little Beckham dozed off during play time! |
| We love to play hide-and-seek, especially when Daddy is home to help Ashton find great hiding places! |
| We got Ashton all ready to go last Saturday and he was so cute waiting patiently at the door with all his friends! |
| Beckham-boy has found his feet! |
| We sure love his handsome boy! |
| Brothers! |
| The McLeod family, who Nelson works for, have a swimming pool in their backyard and we are SO excited to go swimming this summer! |
| Ashton testing out the waters! |
| Ashton loves to help Beckham sit up! P.S.: Cute boy Ashton is wearing Mommy's flip flops, haha! |
| Fort-builders!! |
| Boys only, NO GIRLS ALLOWED! |
| Beckham's favorite activity is to be on his tummy watching Ashton play. It just warms my heart to see how much they love each other! |
No post is complete without brother comparison pictures! :)
I am one happy, blessed mother and wife!!



2 comments:
Oh my heck! I can't believe how BIG Beckham is getting. That is crazy how fast they grow (and how much Ashton and he are TOTALLY BROTHERS!).
And it is crazy how long it has been since I've read your blog! I totally forgot you guys were headed to NC... it looks like you are loving it. I am so happy for your little family!
I actually prefer your blog over the NieNieDialogues.
Post a Comment