Thursday, February 12, 2009

a rambler! :)

First of all, beware!This post might be a bit of a rambler! I'm super excited because there's only 199 days until Baby Arave arrives!!! YEEEEEE!!!! We're out of the two hundreds! Haha! The first trimester is almost complete...in many ways it's flown by! However, I just want to cuddle our baby right now so August 30th seems like an eternity away!

Our baby is growing, growing, growing!! The crown-to-rump length is around 2 inches and our little one is about the size of a large lime. He or she is now big enough to nestle in my palm, oh little one I love you already! Our baby's lenth will double in the next three weeks...how amazing! I love to think of our baby inside me growing up so quickly and efficiently! Keep up the good work little one, I'm proud of you! Our baby's fingernails appeared this week and external genitalia are beginning to show distinguishing features and will be complete in three weeks. All of the vital organs are formed and function normally. The toes and fingers have separated and now longer webbed. Tooth buds are even forming under the gums! Our little one's eyelids are still fused shut in order to help the beautiful irises develop underneath. Even though I can't feel it, our baby is kicking and swimming around! I'm sure he or she is just have a blast inside my tummy!

I found a little book full of quotes that my Hostess Mom gave to me when I was at State Junior Miss.
As I was looking through it today I decided that I need to share some of these wonderful quotes! I personally love to read inspirational thoughts, well, because they inspire me! They help me refocus and turn life's stumbling blocks into stepping stones.

"Let's dare to be ourselves, for we do that better than anyone else can." Shirley Briggs

"Faith is the cornerstone on which all great lives are built."

"One of my rules is: Never try to do anything. Just do it." Ani Difranco

"Should you meet resistance, take comfort-- it's a great way to build muscle."

"Don't wait for the world to change. Change it yourself." (LOVE this one!)

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford

"The richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were no limitations to overcome." Helen Keller

"Falling's part of the game. It's like my dad always says, "No matter how good you are, the ice is still slippery." Michelle Kwan

"People are about as happy as they make their minds up to be." Abraham Lincoln (LOVE this one too!)

I was also looking back on my old journals today. Wow, it is amazing to see the hand of the Lord in my life! I am SO blessed! I am a convert to the Church and was baptized when I was 14 years old. I wrote in my journal that day, "This has been one of the best days of my life! This is truly a dream come true...I don't think I've ever been so clean, so peaceful, and so happy in my entire life!" Nelson was on his mission in San Antonio when I got baptized(how cool is that??) so I looked in his missionary journals for October 19, 2002. He wrote, "Today was Saturday and it was kind of a discouraging day until the end." Little did he know his future wife was getting baptized!! I know that the plan of salvation is a happy plan~and boy am I happy! I'm so grateful for the Lord and that I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The other day I decided to post a note on Facebook of 25 random facts about me! I thought I'd post it here too for fun.

1. My full name is Katharine Eleanor and I was named after my two great-grandmothers...I love to think about the legacy my name carries.

2. I used to hate the name Eleanor growing up but now I LOVE it and we're thinking about it for a baby name...

3. I love my school work to be PERFECT. I remember in sixth grade one of our vocab words was "impeccable" and a classmate said, "I'll just think of Katie!"

4. I love my last name: ARAVE!!! I absolutely could not wait to change my name to Katie Arave...KT RV...how cute is that?

5. I have two older brothers and I'm the only girl, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

6. I love to look at pictures. That's really all I care about on Facebook. My husband makes fun of me because I love to just look at pictures all the time!

7. My oldest brother, Derek, is eight years older than me and I look up to him sooo much! I remember when he was in high school he let me sit by him during a play and one of his friends said I looked just like him! I was on cloud nine.

8. My other brother, Carl, is two years older than me and I just love him! He is so funny! We quarreled a lot when we were little and one time I squirted sunscreen in his cereal! HAHA!!

9. I honestly believe I have the BEST husband in the whole world!! He is my best friend.

10. I am 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant and couldn't be happier about it! I can't help but smile every time I think about our baby!!

11. Our baby will be the first grandchild born on both sides of our family.

12. I love to perform and be the center of attention. I think that came from being the only girl in my family and from dancing!

13. I am (almost) always happy and giddy!! I can't help it! :)

14. My ugly duckling stage lasted from about kindergarten until my senior year of high school...no joke!

15. Sundays are my favorite day of the whole week...I love church and spending the entire day with my handsome hubby!

16. I have been having the WEIRDEST dreams since my pregnancy began! I wake up feeling the strangest emotions and remembering my dreams so vividly, which is unusual for me.

17. I love to wear high heels and wear them almost every day! Most people think I'm crazy but I can't help it! I could probably run a marathon in heels if I had to. :)

18. Nelson and I are in a Disney movie craze! We recently watched The Little Mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast. I LOVE Disney movies! I get nostalgic every time a song comes on!

19. Speaking of movies, my very first PG-13 movie was Wayne's World (random, I know!) and I couldn't watch it until I was 13 years old! I've never seen an R-rated movie.

20. I just LOVE my in-laws...they are the BEST!

21. Last year I nannied for a family with a luxurious suburban and I loved it! I know it's a gas hog and is super hard to park, but it's empowering to drive! Maybe someday I'll have my own, for now the Alero will have to do!

22. Moving to Montana was a big adjustment for me because a lot of people are really granola here. I don't think they knew what to think about my Provo poof, high heels, and make up! Once I wore a flower in my hair to church and a lady told me that she would never be brave enough to do that. However, I do love lots of Bozemanites, regardless of their style!

23. I love love love cereal and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I could eat those two things everyday and never tire of them!

24. One of my hobbies is writing down baby names, I've been doing it for a long time! Nelson and I are going to have to have about 12 kids to use all my cute names!

25. I'm starting to feel really old...the other day I realized that most of the missionaries who are out right now are younger than me! Weird! I've always thought missionaries were so much older than me!

26. This was really fun! I liked it!

I told you this post was going to be a rambler! I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)



4 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

I just wanna say I LOVE your name! Katharine Eleanor! It is so beautiful! I've always loved the name Eleanor cuz that's my grandma's name too! I just gotta say that your beautiful name sure fits your beautiful self! You have such a beautiful personality and a beautiful face!

Stephani Polson said...

You weren't rambling at all! We love to hear how you are doing with the baby and what all is going on with you guys! It may not seem like it now, but before you know it, that little baby will be here!

Gwen said...

I didn't know your due date was August 30th. That's MY birthday, so at the risk of being hated, I totally hope you don't have this baby early! :) It's a VERY cool birthday to have!

Lindsay said...

Hi Katie! We have never met, but I'm Brandon Andersen's wife. I somehow got to your blog through Greg and Gwen's and thought "oh they are so cute!" and then realized that you are Carl's sister! And that we are on you friends list! :) Congrats on the pregnancy, Carl is so excited and brings it up in like every conversation :)