Saturday, March 28, 2009

Husband TAG!

Where did you meet your husband?

For the complete story...please view our side bar!! :)





When was your first kiss?

Halloween night 2006!! I had a Bengal Dancer party that night so we didn't get to hang out until later that night...and that's when the MAGIC started! :)






How long did you date before you got married?

We dated for about four months and were engaged for three!





How long have you been married?

We've been married for one year, seven months, three weeks, and four days! Don't worry...I didn't strain my mind to figure that out...I have a ticker on my myspace page so I cheated!! :)





What does he do that surprises you?

I love that Nelson is always pulling something spontaneous out of his back pocket! I'm not a very good secret-keeper...especially from him! But he finds ways to surprise me all the time! Our proposal story is the perfect example of his great planning skills! He knows how to say the sweetest things that just sweep me off my feet! Another example is when he got me a PINK carseat and stroller for Valentine's Day...I sure do love my Nelson Jay!





What is your favorite feature of his?

I've always loved his teeth especially. But really what's not to love?? He's a hunk!





What is his best quality?

Nelson's best quality is his selfless nature. He is really good at noticing when someone around him needs something and he is always willing to go the extra mile. Serving others comes so naturally to him! If you spill your drink at a restaurant, you can be sure Nelson will be the first one up to help clean. If you need help moving, Nelson never hesitates to extend his hand. If you need a ride somewhere, he's there. If you are lonely, Nelson will always invite to you do something fun. If you're pregnant, he is always willing to pick up the slack and never complain about it. :)





Does he have a nickname for you?

Just Kate, sweetie, or honey.





What is his favorite food?

In the words of George Strait, "Mmmmm, my, oh momma! Ain't that Texas cooking somethin!"
Nelson served his mission in San Antonio and he loves anything Texas! We love to eat at Texas Roadhouse(just ask Luke and Leah!) and he especially loves brisket and cat fish.





What is his favorite sport?

Probably basketball to play and football and basketball to watch. Not a day goes by that he doesn't visit espn.com.





What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?

We love to play games with our family!! How lame right?? No, we seriously LOVE IT!! This summer we played games with Tom and Pattie Lou soo much and we loved every minute of it! I sure hope they let you play cards in the celestial kingdom with your family cuz that's what we're sooo happy doing!





Does he have any children?

We have Baby Arave on the way!!! I'll be 18 weeks along tomorrow!! Nelson is going to be the BEST dad in the world!!





Does he have any hidden talents?

Nelson has a CDL, which means he can drive a TRUCK!! How manly can one get??





How old is he?

26 years old!! I know, I know, but really he's only 5 years older than me! Here's a funny story... Nelson has two younger brothers, Rhett, who is 22, and Caleb, who is 20. When I was in high school, I totally hung out with Caleb...and flirted a little!! Flash forward to my freshman year of college. Nelson and I had been dating for about a month and I saw a picture on the back of his church binder. I glanced at it, did a double take, and laughed out loud!! "Caleb is your little brother??" I shrieked! Nelson looks at me with a crazed look in his eye, "Why? Do you know my baby brother Caleb?" Yes.....
I thought Caleb was cute, but he was just too short for me. Luckily I found his older brother!! :)




Who said I love you first?

Well....
One night we stayed up alllll night and we both expressed that we would love to get married to each other. We hadn't said those three little words yet. The next day I was freaking out and I talked to my personal counselor, Brother Crockett. He had been my seminary teacher all through high school and moved up to Institute right when I got to college! Anyways, I asked him for advice after my institute class. Brother Crockett knew how awesome Nelson is and told me he admired how well Nelson held his priesthood and told me that I should get married! I knew Nelson had a class right after mine, so Bro C and I snuck into the classroom and I wrote in big bold letters on the whiteboard, "I love you Nelson!"
Cute huh! That night Nelson said "I love you" to me...and that is one moment I will probably never forget. So technically, Nelson said I love you first, but I wrote it on the board!! :)




What is his favorite music?

GEORGE STRAIT. Obessesd. Completely and totally.

When we first started dating he asked me who the King of Country was and I stuttered, "Garth Brooks?" I'm surprised our relationship didn't end right there!! Don't worry...I know every single George Strait song ever made now!! Nelson owns every single CD and will always love George.




What is his favorite color?

To wear? Pink. No joke, and I LOVE IT!!




What do you admire most about him?

I admire his testimony and how faithfully he served his mission. I admire what a hard, hard worker he is. I admire how much he emulates Christ and is always striving to do better. I admire how talented he is. I admire his hilarious yet tender personality. I admire his ablility to see the sunshine in every situation and find joy in the journey. I admire how others are drawn to him. I admire his ability to fix practically anything. I admire how much he loves the temple and how much he knows about the gospel. I admire his passion for life and the many goals he has for our family. I admire how he can make me happy no matter what. There's no one I love and adore more than Nelson Jay Arave!!




Will he read this?

I'll make him....I always make him read our blog!! :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You are blessed to have such a good man in your life- and great pictures to go with your story too!

Annie said...

You guys are so cute. I also LOVE George Strait! You guys have seen his movie Pure Country right? It's a favorite of mine, just because it has him, and his songs, in it!