Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Loving mommyhood!!

Ashton is now two weeks and two days old!! He is already growing sooo quickly! I'm really trying to savour every moment because he is already changing right before our very eyes! I just can't seem to get enough of our sweet baby boy!! Even in the dead of night, completely exhausted, I cannot help but cuddle him one moment longer! I just love him so incredibly much!!


It is odd to think that just two weeks ago Ashton was still inside me. Even though he is only a couple of weeks old, the love I have for him is so great. Life has changed for Nelson and me in many different aspects but I could not enjoy motherhood more!! I was made for this. Really, I was. Some moments are trying, but overall motherhood is an absolute joy. I am beyond grateful for this special little boy that we have been blessed with. I love to care for him, sing to him, cuddle with him, bond with him. I also love to watch Nelson with Ashton. You never really know what kind of father your husband will be until the time arises, and Nelson is SUCH a good daddy to Ashton. He is a natural! I love to see my boys play together. Pure happiness just fills my heart. Nelson is so protective of both Ashton and me and is always making sure we are both happy at all times.

Our little boy is getting stronger and stronger and can move his head around! He is really good at tummy time, we are proud parents already!! He is a people-pleaser and responds well to our cheers as he lifts his head off the floor. What a cutie!!

I still marvel at the absolute miracle Ashton is. I still can't believe he grew inside me so perfectly. Isn't it amazing?? I catch myself staring at his tiny toenails or cute button nose in complete awe. Our Heavenly Father sure knows what he is doing. I will never forget when we got an ultrasound when I was only 7 weeks pregnant and we could see this tiny little peanut and the pulse of his heartbeat. It's amazing!! I just feel blessed to be a part of it!

Get ready for picture overload!! Hey, in my defense, one set of Ashton's grandparents are in Russia, so this is their opportunity to see their cute grandson!! Plus, who doesn't love looking at pictures of an adorable baby?? :) Enjoy!



Ashton in his cute monkey jammies!




I just think he is the cutest little thing!




Cute monkey feet!




Hanging out with daddy!





He just loves to be held by his dad





Ashton modeling his Key West onesie from Uncle Derek and Aunt Brandy






Isn"t he adorable?








This is Ashton's face after a satisfying meal!








We just love to hang out together!






Sweet boy!




Ashton in his Dr. Seuss onesie!





All Small!





Hello handsome boy!





Ashton is a happy baby!





Big yawn!




Posing for mommy!




Hanging out with daddy!





Ashton with Nana!




Ashton with Grandpa!




Our cute boy





What a cute little smile!




Wave hi to everyone Ashton! :)





Hi sweet boy!




Our little miracle

5 comments:

Rowbury Adventures said...

congrats!! he is soo cute

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Katie, I am so glad you guys are doing so well! Such a happy time and they do grow up way too fast. It seems like yesterday little L was that size.

Samantha Polson said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! He makes me baby hungry....good thing I get one soon! Glad things are going great!

Stephani Polson said...

Ashton is SO CUTE! And I love love love the monkey jammies! Isn't it just the best feeling to see your husband snuggling with your beautiful little boy? Oh, I love it! You and Nelson have truly been blessed!
We love to see all the cute pics of Ashton. Keep your camera handy cause you never know when they will do something memorable! (Like spill cereal all over the floor! Haha, remember that post about Ky?!) Keep posting pics! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a cute baby! Congrats Katie! It's so weird to think of you all grown up!