Wow!! What an amazing weekend!! We took Ashton on his first trip to IDAHO!! Since Nelson and I both grew up in Idaho and love it, it was a big deal when we crossed the border with our baby!! I think Ashton really liked Idaho... :)
For Halloween, Nelson and I were football players and Ashton was our football!! We had a fun night!
For Halloween, Nelson and I were football players and Ashton was our football!! We had a fun night!
Ashton Jay Arave was blessed by his father, Nelson Jay Arave, on November 1, 2009. What a beautiful blessing!! Nelson did a wonderful job. He was so eloquent and calm and I could really feel the Spirit as he blessed our son. My heart was so full that entire day! I am just sooo grateful for the many blessings that our family has been given. I could not be more happy!!!! When I ponder upon all I have been given, I can't help but smile. I have the best husband in the entire world and a beautiful baby boy who I love more than words can express. I have been blessed with the gospel in my life and am so thankful for the knowledge I have of the restored church.
Becoming a mother has helped me appreciate the Atonement of our Savior even more. A couple of weeks ago we had a lesson in Relief Society on the talk Elder Holland gave two conferences ago about the Savior's Atonement and feeling alone. As I read this talk with new eyes as a mother, I understood more how our Heavenly Father must have felt when he allowed Jesus Christ to suffer. I can't imagine what powerful love our Father has for us. After all had forsaken the Savior, Heavenly Father had to withdraw his Spirit from Christ so that He might know how we feel when we sin that he may be able to succor us. Even when Ashton was getting his immunizations, my heart just ached for my son who I love so much. That must have been just a fraction of what our Heavenly Father felt when he allowed his perfect Son to suffer. My appreciation for the Atonement has grown significantly as I develop my role as a mother.
I am especially grateful for Nelson and his wonderful example for Ashton. As my very favorite teacher, Brother Crockett, always says, he is a spiritual MOOSE!! I am inspired to be a little better each day because of my amazing hubby. Nothing makes me happier then seeing Nelson play with Ashton. I'm so thankful that Nelson was able to give Ashton such a wonderful blessing full of promises that will bring him happiness.
10 comments:
i love your costumes for halloween! that is so funny ashton was your football. =) so cute! loved all the pictures! he does have an adorable smile! yea ashton for your baby blessing! p.s. i totally had bro. crockett too! loved him! =) (if of course we're talking about the same person! ha ha.)
Ashton is such an adorable little boy! We are so glad that we finally got to meet him and that we were able to be at his blessing! What a special day for you! Let us know when you come home again!
What a precious boy! He is growing fast. Cherish each moment because they change so quickly (I'm sure you know that by now). :)
He is the Cutest Little Football I ever did see!
Tell Tara and Jarom, "Hello and that I thought their costumes were hilarious." :)
Ummm...just like I said on Facebook...THE DIPPLES ARE TO DIE FOR!!
Where did he get those adorable dimples? He is such a cutie. Nelson did a great job with the blessing. Congrats!
Where did he get those adorable dimples? He is such a cutie. Nelson did a great job with the blessing. Congrats!
he makes such a cute football! you guys are such a cute family.. How fun
what a cute costume idea...I love it! He is such an adorable baby..just LOVIN those dimples!!!
Ashton looked so adorable for his blessing. I am dying to know how Tara is doing. Janet Evans told me she had a baby girl-was it last Friday? Us Boise transplants have to work to keep us on the Blackfoot news!! Let us know. I triedto find their Blog spot, but couldn't find it. Love Shirley and Marty Wallace
Post a Comment