Yes, the post title is describing ME!! Nelson and I babysat a family that he hometeaches while the parents went to Las Vegas for a weekend. I instantly became a mother of six children plus one dog and one puppy who is still getting potty trained.....
What an adventure!
I know you mothers who are reading this are probably chuckling to yourselves right now! I was sooo entirely exhausted after just 3 days! How do you do it?? I think Ashton might be an only child after this experience... :)
Life seems to happen in fast forward in this household. I turn my back for a couple seconds to wipe off the counter and somehow the puppy has pooed on the carpet, the twins are yelling, milk is being spilled across the table, a 7-year-old is tugging on my shirt trying to show me a trick, and the dog is barking sooo loudly!! Madness!! Dishes pile up so quickly and one child is always hungry, begging for a snack. Dinner is impossible, "Ewww! I hate this!" I think we must have said "Let's go to bed now," one hundred times to each child. Brevan has a birthday party at 6, the twins need to be at the stake center at 7, pick up Lizzie when the twins are dropped off, pick up Brevan's friend before the birthday party, find a present for the party, take Rylan to Mary's house so he can do an interview for school...phew!! I commend all mothers and fathers with more than one child! You are amazing!
It was a lot of work and a little stressful(ok, a lot!) BUT it was also soo fun!! The kids were hilarious and a delight to be around. They were also very helpful and (usually) well-behaved. Nelson was sooo good with the kids and they absolutley adored him. I'm pretty sure the 7-year-old had a crush on him! :)
After we finally got all the kids off to school on Monday morning, suddenly taking care of just Ashton seemed so incredibly easy! I'm glad Heavenly Father just gives us one child at a time and allows us to grow and change with them.
3 comments:
You must have been one busy girl! Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!
KAtie..I could have never done that so bravo to you! Your little boy is adorable by the way..hope you had a great Christmas!
it would be soo fun to have you guys be babysitters i bet the kids loved it!! P.S. your little boy has the cutest smile ever!!
Post a Comment