Can you believe it has already been two years??
Nelson's youngest brother, Caleb, just came home from his LDS mission in Guatemala!! Gosh, in some ways it has FLOWN by, in others it has inched by soo slowly! Nelson and I had only been married about 5 months when Caleb left on his mission(what a sad day!). I don't think I have ever seen a mother cry so hard saying good bye to her missionary. He is the baby of the family, after all. Nelson and I have grown so much as individuals and as a married couple in the two years Caleb has been gone. Plus we added Ashton to the scene during those years! We have missed Caleb soooo much and are happy to have him home.
It was amazing to see him grow through his emails throughout his mission. You could feel the powerful love he has for the Guatemalan people through his words. His desire to share his knowledge of the true gospel with them became more and more apparent as time went on. I think he really developed a compassion for the people there, and we did too, here at home, vicariously through his emails. I'm so grateful that Caleb served so faithfully and I know that we were blessed here at home because of his service. Most importantly, however, are the lives of the Guatemalan people who Caleb touched. What a wonderful opportunity to bring a message of happiness to others.
There was an overwhelming amount of support for Caleb at the airport when he came home!! Too bad he didn't see most of them....
He was supposed to arrive in Idaho Falls at 5:30 pm, but due to some complications he didn't make it until midnight! He still had quite a few die-hard friends and family still waiting for him!
It was amazing to see him grow through his emails throughout his mission. You could feel the powerful love he has for the Guatemalan people through his words. His desire to share his knowledge of the true gospel with them became more and more apparent as time went on. I think he really developed a compassion for the people there, and we did too, here at home, vicariously through his emails. I'm so grateful that Caleb served so faithfully and I know that we were blessed here at home because of his service. Most importantly, however, are the lives of the Guatemalan people who Caleb touched. What a wonderful opportunity to bring a message of happiness to others.
There was an overwhelming amount of support for Caleb at the airport when he came home!! Too bad he didn't see most of them....
He was supposed to arrive in Idaho Falls at 5:30 pm, but due to some complications he didn't make it until midnight! He still had quite a few die-hard friends and family still waiting for him!

2 comments:
oh my goodness his little shirt is so cute! And those dimples are just the cutest thing...
I'm glad we were able to come down and see you guys when Caleb spoke in church. Little Ashton is getting so big! I think Garrett was a little depressed that Ashton cried when he took him! Haha!
Post a Comment