Where has this blogging slacker been, you might ask?? Well, since you asked...........
Here is our month in review!
(Sorry about the length!)
(I seem to say that a lot!)
(I can't help it if my family is so cute and I can't leave a single picture out!)
(Please realize that it took me a couple days to make this post, so don't feel bad if it takes you a couple days to read it!)
:)
Nelson and I celebrated our third anniversary on August 3!! What a wonderful three years it has been! When I think back to our wedding day, it seems so long ago but yet not so long ago at the same time. I remember thinking as we were married that there was no possible way I could love my sweet husband anymore. Well, my heart must have grown three sizes too big because here we are three years later and my love has just sky-rocketed for my husby!! Once my mother-in-law said that she hoped her other two boys could find wives that love them as much as I love Nelson. What a sweet thing to say. I really do love Nelson so incredibly much. What a blessing he is! Here's to eternity together!
Unfortunately, Nelson was at school for 10 hours on our anniversary working on this monster:
It is a life-size model of a section of a pavilion! The end result was really awesome!
Ashton and I attended the final presentation and I'm pretty sure Ashton earned his daddy some brownie points with the professor. She thought Ashton was so cute and he kept flashing his flirty smile and batting his eyelashes at her. Good boy, Ashton! Way to help Dad ace his way through architecture school! :)
Nelson had a three-week break between semesters and we PACKED those weeks full of fun! Since we drive through Ashton every time we go home to Idaho, we decided to stop and take some pictures!
On Saturday we had a fun picnic, went swimming at Ross Park, and then to the Indian Relay Races at Fort Hall! What a fun day!
I have a love/hate relationship with the relay races. They are so exciting to watch, but at the same time I am so worried someone will get hurt I almost can't bear to watch!
Tom, my dad, Mike, Nelson, Ira, me, Caleb and Ashton!After our fun trip was over, we drove back to Montana, re-cooperated for one day, and set off on our next adventure:
My oldest brother, Derek and his wife Brandy flew into Bozeman from Orlando. It was so fun to see them! My other brother, Carl and his wife Laura drove up from Provo and my Mom and her husband came from Helena. It is very rare that we are all together so this was really a fun opportunity.
The most exciting thing that happened in August, however, was
ASHTON'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so wonderful to celebrate our little guy with two fun parties!
Ashton's second party was in Bozeman with my family!
As I look back upon this past year, my heart is filled to brim with happiness. I have always known that parents have a huge impact on their children, but I did not realize the monumental impact that children have on their parents. I have learned so much being Ashton's mother and I know that this growing will continue. I've learned lessons of patience, of quick forgiveness, of happiness, of pure joy, of sacrifice, of endurance. As I have grown closer to Nelson and Ashton, I have grown closer to my Father in heaven. Our home has been filled with Ashton's sweet little spirit and every day I am uplifted.
It was so odd to say things like, "A year ago at this time I was having contractions!" or "Ashton was only two days old this time last year!" Being a mother was truly a dream come true for me, my highest aspiration. What a wonderful opportunity to raise a child!
Right after Ashton was born, I was filled with anxiety. Those after-birth hormones probably contributed to my anxious feelings. I was constantly worried that I wasn't doing enough for Ashton. Soon I learned that the perfect parent only exists in Heavenly Father. When other mothers ask for advice with newborns, I always say PRAY!!! At those times when Ashton would cry and cry, I would pray for guidance. I would pray for strength. I would pray for comfort for Ashton. I would pray for the Spirit to help me be the best mother to our precious boy. And still today, I pray for these same things. My testimony of prayer has grown because of our little Ashton.
What a special bond our family shares. My love for Nelson grew in a new way as I watched him be a father. Ashton is the biggest blessing!! We love his sweet smile and flirty giggle. We love his curiosity and excitement for life. We love his sweet kisses and hugs. We love his ability to forgive his parents so easily. We love the way he babbles on and on in his loud voice. We love the way he calls Nelson "Dada" and me "Mom-mom." We love the way he folds his sweet hands for prayer. We love how others are drawn to him and he rewards them with a big smile. We love everything about him and couldn't be happier that he is ours!
Happy happy birthday to my sweet boy!! Your parents are so proud of you and are eternally grateful you are in our family! Let's keep learning and growing together, helping one another along our journey back to Heavenly Father.




7 comments:
Ashton and Eleanor both have the "ohhh" face down! Too cute! Caleb and Ashton remind me of Eleanor and her Uncle Nathaniel. isn't it the cutest? So glad he had a great birthday! What a cute happy little boy!
Happy 1st Birthday Ashton! Isn't celebrating birthdays with little ones so much fun? You guys have had a crazy busy month but isn't life more fun that way?! I wish we would have known you guys were home and we would have come to see you! Take care!
I love your posts! They are so uplifting and you're such a great example! I can't believe Ashton is one! Happy Birthday! I'm glad you are all doing great!
Happy Birthday sweet baby Ashton! What a cutie. You have the cutest blog, the sweetest thoughts. I love reading your entries. What a great thing it is to be blessed and to be able to see those blessings!
Your little boy is so dang cute! You can just feel his personality through his pictures! Happy birthday to the little stud!
What a sweet post, Katie! It was filled with great pictures too. It looks like Ashton had the best little 1st birthday ever. You are such a great mom!
Happy Birthday to your little guy! he is ADORABLE! and thank you for the advice about PRAYER...my testimony of it has grown so much since we've had our baby. your family is SO cute! :D
Post a Comment