What a fun past couple of weeks!! October has been such a wonderful month. We have been super busy!
We celebrated Halloween last Saturday at our church's Trunk-or-Treat. This is the perfect activity for Ashton, since he is too little to go trick-or-treating door to door but still wants to show off his cute costume! This year we went with a safari theme!
 |
| While on our Safari, we found the CUTEST lion!!! ;) |
 |
| Nelson and I couldn't stop laughing because Ashton is sooo stinking cute as a little lion! |
 |
| Trick-or-Treat!!! Ashton was in love with his pumpkin bucket and carried it around the house for days before Halloween! |
 |
| Our little Safari family at Trunk-or-Treat! |
 |
| I thought this trunk was pretty neat! |
 |
| Our sweet little lion! |
 |
| Cutest lion in all the land! |
The week before Halloween we were able to travel home to Idaho for Nelson's little brother's wedding. Our trips are always too short! We had so much fun!!
 |
| Ashton with his only cousin Ava! |
 |
| Waiting with Aunt Lois for the bride and groom to make their first appearance! |
 |
| The Arave Family!!! |
 |
| Yay!! LoriAnn was such a beautiful bride! Rhett is a lucky guy! |
 |
| Ava and Ashton with their Uncle Rhett and Aunt Lori!! |
 |
| Ashton taking a stroll at the reception with Great-Grandma Arave! |
 |
| Poor Lori getting smashed in the face with cake! |
 |
| Dunk it Ash!! |
 |
| Ashton honking Daddy's nose! |
 |
| Our little cutie! His tie matched Daddy's tie! |
 |
| Rhett and Lori's first dance |
 |
| Ashton had the BIGGEST crush on Lori's niece. It was the cutest!! He couldn't stop staring at her and he kept trying to hold her hand! |
 |
| Mother and son dancing! |
We are so happy for the new couple and I am especially excited to be getting another amazing sister-in-law!!!
The weekend before the wedding, my mom and her husband came to visit us! We always enjoy their visits and Ashton just loves seeing his Nana!
 |
| Halloween cupcakes...yummy!!! |
 |
| My mom with Ashton! |
 |
| Our family! |
 |
| Ashton showing everyone where his ears are! |
 |
| We went to the library, which has an amazing children's section, and then to this cute little ice cream shoppe on Main Street. Ashton loooooooved the pumpkin pie milkshake! |
 |
| Ashton, Nana, and Doc! |
|
|
|
I am so so so excited about my new church calling!! I am the Laurels(which are the oldest girls, ages 16-18) advisor!! YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!!! I am seriously ecstatic!!! I feel so grateful for the opportunity to mingle with such wonderful, talented girls. It is inspiring to know in a world where so much is bad, there is also so much that is good. We have been doing crafts for Wednesday night meetings the entire month of October.
 |
| We carved these pretty black pumpkins! |
 |
| We also made these cute little Dracula people! So so fun! |
 |
| I decided to make my own Halloween centerpiece, so I gathered some sticks from outside, painted them black, arranged them in a vase with candy corn and... |
 |
| Voooolah!! |
 |
| I was inspired by several of my crafty friends' blogs! |
 |
| In other news, we got a DISHWASHER!!!!! Ahh, it is sooo nice not to wash dishes by hand anymore! We fed the missionaries on Thursday night and then, when we found out they didn't have a dinner appointment for Friday night, invited them over again. During the day on Friday, they helped an investigator move and she didn't need her portable dishwasher anymore. Luckily, the Elders thought of us and brought it over! |
 |
| Ashton is slightly obsessed with dragging large objects around. Laundry baskets, diaper boxes, heavy purses, you name it, he is pulling or pushing it around the house. The other day I snuck up on him and snapped these pictures! |
 |
| Uh oh! |
 |
| He thinks he is pretty clever! |
 |
| What a cutie! |
 |
| We keep having beautiful days, and Ashton and I are soaking them up before they are gone! Ashton loves to blow the dandelions! |
 |
| Cute little face! |
 |
| I love how the smallest things bring so much joy to a curious mind! |
 |
| Ashton the explorer! |
 |
| Ashton has been going through a phase where he loves repetition. He selects his favorite book, "Just Me and My Dad" by Mercer Mayer at least 5 times a day and takes it to Nelson or me. He loooooves to hear it over and over!! |
 |
| Nelson gave Ashton his second hair cut! He looks like a stud! :) |
7 comments:
You guys are so cute! Love the costumes. :) Glad all is going well for you guys!
I LOVE your costumes!!! The safari theme is awesome and I do believe that is the cutest lion I have EVER seen! I love that centerpiece idea, it turned out so great I might have to steal if for next year (it would work for the whole fall season though)!
Your costumes were very cute! Riley was a lion too.
It looks like Ashton doesn't mind getting his haircut. Riley hasn't had a "real" haircut yet and desperately needs one. I'm worry he will hate it . . .
Cutest LION ever! So fun! I love your safari theme so cute! Yay for LoriAnn and Rhett...that's so awesome1
You've got the cutest family. I love the family costumes, very creative!! You're little boy is getting so big. Hope all is going well!!
What a great update! Where do I begin?? First, loved the safari theme! What a darling idea. AND a darling lion. ;) Bridge carried his pumpkin around everywhere, and now, whenever he sees a pumpkin of any sort, he HAS to touch it and says repeatedly: "dundin!" I was stoked to see your new calling--you are going to be absolutely fantastic! The girls will LOVE you!
I was so good to see you and Nelson! I was really excited to be able to go to Rhett and Lori's sealing. It's always so nice to go to those and hear all the beautiful words spoken. I was a little bummed though that we weren't able to see that cute little Ashton! We really need to get together over the holidays! Kylar would love to play with Ashton I'm sure! He was sure a cute little lion! Ky was a lion last year and I loved his costume! Aren't kids just the most fun?! And I LOVED your centerpiece with the spray painted sticks! Such a cute and clever idea!
Post a Comment