Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It is offically CATCH UP TIME!!!

 Hi everyone!! Sorry I haven't blogged in {gasp!} two months, but do not worry! I am back! :) Of course, this blog also serves as our family journal so it is very important not so skip anything. I know it is almost Valentine's Day, but I am blogging about Christmas. I do have some great excuses for my lack of blogging(don't we all!) and one of them was Nelson's time-consuming birthday present, which I will blog about later! 

Moving onward...

We went to my mom's house in Helena a couple of weekends before Christmas. It was soo fun! My mom has a cute little cat named Mocha, and Ashton was entertained the entire afternoon. They kept hiding from each other, chasing each other across the room(well, mostly Ashton chasing Mocha), and trying to scare each other. At one point, Ashton decided to use his sharing skills and brought a toy to the kitty. Sooo stinkin' cute!
Best friends!! :)
Ashton was so happy to see Nana!

My mom got me "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.....it is amazing!!! I loved it! It was so authentically written, it just felt real. It is a heartbreaking story that is very well written. Go find a copy and read it!

Ashton is such a good little helper handing out presents!

Helping Daddy!

My beautiful mother and her husband, Doc, opening a gift!

Ashton opening a gift!

Yay!! A singing turtle! :)
Ashton made himself right at home and began rummaging through the cupboards! 

Our cute boy with his whipped cream mustache! We always get delicious food while at Nana's!!

Ashton LOOOVES Nana!!

Nelson and I tried to think of something great for Ashton's big Christmas present. We bought him this huge hoop, opened it up, and decided maybe the ages listed on the box were accurate. :) It is just a little too big for our little guy! Maybe next year, buddy!

Slam dunk!



The Arave Family <3

Ashton has been getting more and more independent and likes to pick out his clothes. He often tries to put them on. Let's just say he is better at getting his clothes off. :)

Wearing mama's boots!

One of Ashton's favorite activities is going to the library!

Cute, naughty boy getting into trouble in the bathroom! 

This is a picture of one of the Nelson's final models for his studio class in the Architecture program. Pretty neat!

Another picture of my talented husband's work! Nelson will graduate with his Masters in December! Yes, December 2011, we can hardly believe it!!! I am so so proud of my hard-working husby. We are excited to start a new chapter next year, but are trying to enjoy and cherish this time we have here in Bozeman at the same time. It is almost bittersweet, this whole graduating thing. Nelson has been in school for a long time, but the real world seems a little daunting!

I had to include this picture! Even though we weren't able to make it home to Idaho for Thanksgiving, we still played our favorite game, "Hold to the Rod" together on Skype! So, so fun!

I made my Gran-ma's recipe of candy cane cookies! Yuummmmy! We made candy cane cookies every year while I grew up and I want to continue this tradition with my little family. It is empowering, mixing and stirring the ingredients while imagining my Gran-ma and mom making the same recipe years and years ago. Something so simple creates a strong bond which ties generations together.

N for Nelson!

A for Ashton!!
K for Katie!!! 



This is the first of many posts while I play catch-up...stay tuned for our trip to Idaho for Christmas!! :)

1 comment:

Kendra said...

You have such a cute little family. I was sad we were not able to see you this year. Maybe next year. Keep doing all you are doing!