Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas!

Thank goodness when we ventured home to Idaho from Bozeman for Christmas break, we made it (!!), unlike our Thanksgiving mishap. It was so wonderful to see family and spend time together.

Ashton really took to his Grandpa Tom and always wanted to be on his lap. Best buds!!!


Ashton and his only cousin, Ava!!! Reunited and it feels sooo good! A lady asked us if they were twins...they do look like it!

Look, Mom, a chair just my size!

Little Miss Ava on her pony!

Uncle Caleb with the babies! They looove him!

Cuties!!

We celebrated Tara's big 3-0 birthday!!! 

Happy happy birthday beautiful Tara!!

We attended the annual Polson Family Christmas party where Ashton and Ava took a ride in the helicopter!!

Everyone was shouting, "Weeee!!" to try to get them excited, but they just stared at us like we were crazy, haha!

Ashton showing off!

Sweet little Olivia loves to hold Ash!

Isn't Ava the CUTEST niece in the world??

KISSING COUSINS!!
Haha, Nelson is totally grossed out by this picture, but I think it is the cutest! They just love each other! :)

This was the first time the entire Arave family has been together for Christmas in six years due to different members being on missions. We decided to start the tradition of reenacting the Nativity scene.  

Mary(played by Ava) and Joseph(played by Ashton) were just a liiiittle uncooperative....

What wonderful memories!! Tom was our official narrator, Tara, LoriAnn and I were wisemen, Rhett and Jarom were shepherds, Caleb and Brad were sheep, and Nelson and Pat were the official videographers/photographers. 

Maybe next year Joseph and Mary won't cry! ;)

Christmas was absolutely amazing this year. Having little ones in the family really puts my excitement into a new level. I get nostalgic remembering  the most wonderful Christmas's I had growing up. I want to create awesome memories for Ashton, and who doesn't get the warm fuzzies inside watching pure joy on their children's faces??

Nelson made this incredible mosaic picture of Ashton! I LOVE it!! 

Ashton could not get enough of opening presents!

Nelson opening his mega-big monitor!! 

Ashton is in the cutest stage right now where he wants to help with everything!! We try to give him lots of opportunities each day so this behavior will continue and flourish!

Ashton trying out his new piano!

Flyin' high with Uncle Caleb!

Ashton was on cloud nine on Christmas morning!!

Ashton giving Great-Grandma Arave a hug!

Ashton and me with my daddy! Don't mind my squinty eyes, I was spinning around in circles trying to make Ash smile!

The cutest cousins in the world!!

Merry Christmas!!! I'm so grateful for the reason for the season. Having a child of my own makes me more fully appreciate what Christ has done for each of us. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so deeply and wants us to be happy. What a blessing it is to have knowledge of the Savior. I'm grateful for the wonderful life Christ lived while on Earth, setting the perfect example for us. I'm grateful for Mary and Joseph and their willingness to trust in the Lord as they raised the Son of God. I hope that I can emulate their actions as I parent my sweet son. 

Our handsome little man!!

Cheeseball! :)

I seriously laugh every time I look at this picture!! 

Ashton trying on Great-Aunt Gay's glasses!

Boys only game, blue shirt required! ;)

Ashton never wants to be left out of the action!

This is one of Ashton's favorite activities!!

He gets so so excited to hit tall places with his little hand!!

 Blogger is being so stupid and turning this picture sideways. Urgh. It is the CUTEST picture ever, so just turn your head! :)

Ashton giving Ava a hug after their bathtime!

Cutie cousins in matching jammies!!

Wooohoooo!!!!

Ashton wiping the table after dinner! He is the cutest little helper!

Ashton just adores his Grandma Pat!

I think Grandpa Brad and Daddy like Ashton's present more than he does! :)


Ashton and Daddy wrestling!

Handsome boy in his Christmas jammies!

We were sad to leave Idaho, but we had a big package at our doorstep when we returned home!! My aunt and uncle bought Ashton a Pillow Pal! He looooves it! 

Here is a preview to Ashton's newest trick! Climb into the cupboard...

Close the door.....

PEEK-A-BOO!!! I love spending each day with the cutest little guy!!

We have also recently discovered Ashton love for raspberries!!!

What's that mom?? Rub my hands all over my head? ;)

Stay tuned for my next catch-up post, Babysitting the Bartons!!

1 comment:

Stephani Polson said...

Your Ashton is such a cute little man! So handsome!
That is so exciting that Nelson is graduating in December! School sure is a long road but well worth it! Garrett graduates in Decemeber with his Master's too, so we should get together for dinner or something and celebrate! Yay for NO MORE school! :)
It was great to see you guys at the Family Christmas party! I wanted to talk to you guys a little more but those gatherings get a little crazy, especially with little ones running around! You guys take care and hopefully we will see you soon!