Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lucky!!

Busy, busy, BUSY is what this little Arave family has been! 
Let's start where the last blog post left off, shall we? :)

My mom came down for the day a few Saturdays ago, and Ashton was soo happy to see her! While we were eating lunch, Ashton kept leaning over his highchair tray, pointing to my mom, and exclaiming, "Nana!" Ashton is so lucky to have some of the best grandparents in the world!!

Nana bought Ashton this cute little dog who says a couple of phrases while his ears wiggle when you press his foot. Ashton quickly became OBSESSED. It was a life saver on our long car ride home to Idaho for Spring Break! (More on that later!)

Ashton loves having his friends over! He usually has at least one playdate a week. Hallie is one of our favorites! She is the CUTEST little girl!

Hallie's adorable little sister liked Nelson much more than me... :)


I decided to celebrate St. Patrick's Day a little early since we were going to be out of town on the actual date. I truly am soooo LUCKY to have my two boys! They are the best in the world!
I found these adorable ideas and free printables from a couple of my favorite websites: www.thedatingdivas.com & eighteen25.blogspot.com
"Lucky me, to always have you at the end of my rainbow"
(Get it? Skittles: Taste the Rainbow!) :)


"I am so lucky to paired with you"
(With a couple pairs of socks!)

"You're my pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow"
(Rainbow twizzlers with gold truffles)


Don't forget the shamrock sugar cookies! :)

Ashton wanted to know if he could wear my nursing cover for St. Patty's Day. Daddy said no. :)

Drumroll please.........

Here is Nelson's big Christmas birthday belated Valentine's day present!! 

I asked some of our family and friends to write their favorite memories of Nelson, along with pictures. I complied everything into a memory photobook. My husband sure is loved! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who participated. I know that Nelson will cherish this book, as will our posterity. 

My handsome boys!! Ashton is doing awesome in Nursery during Church! He loves it! A couple of weeks ago when I went to pick him up, I took him from his nursery leader, Sister Schauers, and he immediately reached back for her, wanting to give her one more hug! We are so lucky to have wonderful people in the Nursery.

We finally took Ashton in to get his 18-month immunizations! He loved the jungle room and took his shots like a champ! He only cried for a couple seconds and then politely declined the sucker the nurse offered him. :)


Prince Ashton?

One of my friends gave us these cute little crocs for my baby shower, and they finally fit! Ashton looooooves them and will bring them to us while grunting until we help him put them on. 

This sweet boy and I are going to have a wonderful summer...he loves going outside!!! We have long door handles on both our front and back doors and he can open them all by himself. Not good. He is always trying to escape and doesn't seem to care that it is freeeeeeezing outside! I can't wait for warmer weather!

Pure joy!

Making cute little footprints!

"Library" is another one of those words we have to spell in front of Ashton unless we are planning on taking him there. He LOVES to go to the library! Here he is playing on the huge magnetic wall!

Ash did this all on his own. Someone has been hanging out with his mom too much.... ;)

Sometimes Ashton will refuse to take his afternoon nap, but he gets pretty drowsy around dinner time...
Nelson had a whole week off of school for Spring Break, so of course we hopped right into the car and drove home to Idaho!! We had a BLAST!! This trip was especially fun for Ashton. He is getting old enough to remember his grandparents pretty well between visits and he didn't take long to warm up this trip. He likes his grandparents more than his parents! When we were leaving to go back to Montana, Nelson's mom asked Ashton if he would like to stay in Idaho with them. Ashton nodded his head vigorously, reached for his Grandma Pat, and waved good-bye to Nelson and me. :)
Sweetest boy napping on the ride down!

Isn't he the cutest??

Ashton lovin' life at his grandparents' huge house!

The boys looking at the computer. I just love this pic because Ashton looks like he is concentrating so hard running that mouse! :)

Playing on the stairs with Daddy and Grandpa! Life was pure bliss for our little guy the whole time we were home!

Ashton trying on Uncle Caleb's shoes!

'Sup? ;)
Ashton with his favorite cousin, Ava!! They love to stuff their cute little faces!

Ashton LOVES shopping. Usually when I tell people this, they laugh and think I am kidding around. I am dead serious. This guy can shop til you drop. He especially loves having Grandma Pat along and showing her all the cute clothes he can reach!

Taking a 3-second break on a cute little bench!

My little shopper!

Mommy and Ash!

Our kissy lips! :)

Bath time!
Ashton had so much fun on Ava's little slide! We can't wait for warm weather! By the way, it is snowing right now! :(

Playin'!

Ashton going in for the kiss!

These two are the best of friends! (Most of the time!) :)

Dinnertime!

Ashton drinking out of his big boy cup!! He was doing so good until the last little bit. He got a little too excited, tipped back too far, and drenched himself and Grandpa's leg!

Back home again in Montana, wrapped up in the new towel that Aunt Tara made! It is peach, even though it totally looks pink. :) I promise Ashton is completely a "throw-balls-all-day, make-car-noises" kind of boy!
What an awesome trip!! I can't wait to see everyone again! (Neither can Ashton!) I am also super excited for General Conference this weekend...yippee!!

3 comments:

Spunky Junky said...

Hahaha! I love the picture of Ashton playing on the computer. Brecken is the same way...except he tries to slap the computer screen all the time.

I am glad the crocs finally fit him. Hmmmm, you can obviously tell I knew nothing about kids when I bought them--or I would have bought a smaller size (I went back and bought Brecken a pair too so they can be twinners).

Halz

The Clarks said...

how fun to see my girls on your blog! =) ha ha. hallie loves to play over there too. hopefully nattie will like i better next time. ;) i love you and ashton's kissy lips! so funny. and ashton totally out in his high chair. so cute!

Stephani Polson said...

The pic of Ashton playing with the computer mouse is super adorable!
Glad you guys had a good trip down here to Idaho!
Fun St Patty's Day stuff too! :)