I absolutely LOVED Conference weekend!! I came away from each session filled with hope, inspired to be a better person. It truly is amazing to have a living prophet on the Earth. In a world filled with hate and confusion, it is immensely comforting to know we can rely on the counsel of the leaders of the Church.
Elder Holland's talk rang so true when he spoke of the impact Conference has on each of us individually. There are personal messages for me and for you in the talks that were presented. It is amazing to realize that though each speaker is talking to literally millions, the messages can pierce the heart of one.
As I listened to our leaders' inspired messages, I was reminded time and time again of the song Sister Jean A. Stevens quoted in her talk,
"God gave us families, to help us to be what He wants us to be."
I am reminded daily, as I take care of and nurture our little boy, of the childlike characteristics needed in a true disciple of Christ. Children are the first to love, and the first to forgive. They exemplify humility and help us realize what matters most. Professions and possessions do not define who we are. We are God's children and that is who we are. I'm also grateful to be reminded that Heavenly Father has shared his book of parenting with us: the scriptures.
I want to strive to make our home Christ-centered. Elder Dallin H. Oaks reminded us that "what we insistently desire is what we will become." I have a desire to give more selfless service, to have charity envelope my daily thoughts and actions, to have more patience in affliction, to strengthen my testimony. I want to strive harder to heed the whisperings of the Holy Ghost and be among those the Lord can rely on.
My favorite talk, hands down, was given by Elder Richard G. Scott. He tenderly spoke of his beloved wife and family and I felt the Spirit with such clarity as he spoke. He taught us that expressing our gratitude often to our spouses will make life rich. Pure love and righteousness are the foundation to a wonderful marriage. Love will grow sweeter over time for a couple sealed in the holy temple. He encouraged us to overcome the temptation to be selfish in our marriages. His marriage to his sweet wife is such a wonderful example to follow.
Ashton was SUCH a good little boy during Conference.
| He sat quietly and listened... |
| He folded his arms (and crossed his feet!) just like Daddy for the prayers... |
| He sustained the leaders by raising his hand... :) |
| He led the music... |
| I adore this picture. Doesn't it look like President Eyring is looking down and smiling at little Ashton, who is listening so intently??? |
WE LOVE CONFERENCE!!!!!!! :)
5 comments:
How cute!! Eleanor did a lot of the same things too! I love how in tune they are to the spirit and how they know who those men are up on the screen. Makes my heart smile!
Annie also!!! Go little kids!!!
I totally agree with you about Conference weekend! It's wonderful to listen to such spiritual leaders!
Ashton is so darn cute! We would love to see you guys. It's been a while!
You Guys are awesome!
cute pictures! Love confrence weekend. So nice and relaxing!
Post a Comment