Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Come have a BALL!!!

We had a fun birthday party for our little guy while we were in Idaho. I know Ashton won't remember this party, but I am making a photo book on Shutterfly with all the pictures so he can look back and see the amazing love and support his family gave him.

Here are the invitations I made!


Ashton is so into balls right now, so we knew this would be the perfect theme for our little guy. 
It was so fun to decorate!
A ball party is not complete without basketball cupcakes!!
And basketball pizzas too!! I didn't take a picture of the fruit, but it looked like a big colorful beach ball. :)

Ashton got SO many great gifts!! We are still thinking about hiding a few toys and saving them for Christmas...he'll never know! :)

Our future basketball star dunking it!! His Uncle Carl will be so proud! ;)



Our handsome 2-year-old blowing out his candle!! I just love this picture because it shows how much Nelson and I adore our little boy. We just think he is the best and love him so incredibly much!!!

Digging in!! Ashton didn't really care for the cake, but he loved the little dots on the side.

Ashton has been dying to have a trike all his own for a long time! Any time we would walk past a trike, bike, or even motorcycle, Ashton would exclaim, "BIKE! BIKE!!" and want to jump on. He hasn't quite figured out how to pedal all by himself yet, so Nelson and I are turning in the Hunchback of Notre Dame from pushing him around. ;)
Our little family!!

Ashton started getting a little fever the night we had the party, so he wasn't feeling the best. He was exhausted by the end, but I think he still had lots of fun. Here are all the party-goers:

You know you are one loved little boy when your great-great aunt comes to your second birthday party!!



We just love, love, LOVE our little boy!! He is the sweetest, cutest, and most loveable boy ever! We are so glad he is ours to keep forever!! :)
Happy Birthday Ashton!

6 comments:

Stephani Polson said...

Cute party for a cute little boy! I'm so sorry we weren't able to make it but it looks like you had a great time! Cute decorations too! Thanks again for coming over for a BBQ. It was really nice to see you guys and let the boys play!
HAPPY BDAY ASHTON!:)

The Clarks said...

oh that looks like such a fun party! happy birthday to ashton! (it was fun to see a peek of your little baby belly!) =)

Richard and Becky Curzon said...

Katie, you are such a good and fun mom:)

Adam and Victoria said...

congrats on the little baby boy. That is crazy you have a two year old. How is Carl doing?

Unknown said...

Seriously the cutest guy and the cutest cupcakes...ever.

Seriously.

Jessica said...

What a fun birthday party! It looks like you put a lot of work into it. :)