Sunday, September 11, 2011

All About Ashton!


As crazy as this sounds, Ashton is two years old!!! EEEEEKKKK!!! My baby is growing up too dang fast! Every time I think about it, I get all nostalgic and think back to when he was a teensy newborn.

I think back to moments that are absolutely indescribable, moments when my heart completely burst open with complete love.

How did we go from this...

...to this SO quickly???

Now he is stompin' around in Daddy's shoes...

Climbing into toy boxes...


And rolling around backpacks, ready to leave on a jet plane! :)


I have probably said this about every stage of Ashton's life, but he is in the cutest stage right now!! Nelson and I look at each other at least five times a day and say, "He is SO cute!" It is safe to assume we are slightly obsessed with our little boy. 

As I have mentioned before, Ashton loves going to nursery at Church. This past Sunday, the Primary chorister stopped us in the hallway and told us we needed to sing the song "If you chance to meet a frown" with Ashton. She and the other nursery leaders can't stop laughing and here is why:







I love to sing Primary songs with Ashton and always sing one or two to him before nap time and bed. The other day I started humming "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam." Ashton looked up and sang, "Jesus....sun BEEP! Sun BEEP! Sun BEEP!" It was the cutest!!

Ashton was born with such a chill personality and he has certainly kept it! Even when he was a little baby, he would be so calm at his appointments, much to the surprise of our doctor. We were at the mall the other day and let him ride in this little car. I totally talked it up and was dancing and clapping my hands in front of him the entire time. He kept his serious face on the entire time. However, don't think that he doesn't have a crazy side, he just needs to be very comfortable and around people he knows for it to come out!

We bought Ashton a potty because he has started to show some interest, but we are following his lead as to when he is really ready. Apparently he has been paying attention and insists on having Yahtzee in hand! ;)

Ashton is the BIGGEST little book worm you will ever meet. He absolutely loves to be read to and will also spend long periods of time just looking at his books by himself. His current favorites are any of his Dr. Seuss collection, each of which he has a pet name for: "Ham!" (Green Eggs and Ham), "Pop!" (Hop on Pop), "Hat!" (The Cat in the Hat), "Apples!" (Ten Apples Up On Top). One of Ashton's favorite things to do is to visit our local library. They have a wonderful children's section and we go at least weekly. 

Ashton loooooves being outside! What two-year-old boy doesn't??


We just think he is the CUTEST!!!
Ashton is hands down the sweetest 2-year-old. Whenever he has a friend over, he is really good at getting two snacks: one for him and one for his friend. He loves to give Nelson and me hugs and kisses and especially loves kissing his baby brother. 

Ashton loves going to church and singing in the ward choir. No joking!! He is always well-behaved during choir. Today we had stake conference (which was AMAZING!!) and our ward choir sang. We had to sit up on the stand the whole time and he did great! Plus, we (including Ashton!) were able to shake Elder D. Todd Christofferson's hand!!!!! It was definitely a day we won't forget!!

Ashton is still convinced this is what he should do when we tell him to smile....


Ashton is still a tall, skinny little boy. He weighed in at only 23 pounds at his 2-year-old appointment. He weighed 19 pounds, 4 ounces when he was one year old, so his weight has definitely plateaued. He is 33 1/4 inches tall, taking after his tall, slender father! :)

Ashton loves to pray and is usually the first to fold his arms before we eat. He also has gotten very used to the flow of church and is ready for a prayer after the hymn, even if it is just a rest hymn! ;) We have started to have him repeat prayers and my eyes well up with tears when he asks Heavenly Father to "bless baby brother."

Ashton is the light of our lives and we simply could not love him more!! STOP GROWING SO FAST LITTLE GUY!!

3 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

What a sweetheart of a boy you have! So stinking cute!!! I wish we lived close so we could all hang out, I think our kids would get a long. I have to laugh at my chunk though- thomas is 21.5 pounds, lol, you got a tall, skinny guy and I have a tall, chunky guy, haha.

I love all the pictures!! SO CUTE!

The Richards said...

What a cutie! So fun reading all about him. This is such a fun age!

5 Little Moberlys said...

Awww! He is getting SO big and of course cuter every time I see a picture of him! ( =