Have you even had one of those days??? You know, the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad kind?!? Well, I did...
Disclaimer: There are some icky details to my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, so if you are not in the mood, just skip down to the pregnancy photos!
Ok, don't say I didn't warn you!
For some reason, my brain seems to work veeeeeery slowly when I am pregnant. I am naturally accident-prone and this is just intensified when I am prego! A couple days before my bad day, Nelson, Ashon and I were shopping at Kohls. Ashton had been snacking from a container of Cheerios while we were shopping. As we were about to leave the store, I took the container from him to put it away and clumsily fumbled it from hand to hand until I spilled the entire container. It was so, SO embarrassing!! The sad part is my two-year-old was not the one to blame, it was completely my fault! We picked up as many as we could and bolted right out of there!
A couple days later I had a prenatal appointment. I actually really enjoy going to my appointments, especially because Nelson is able to come with me so I don't have to worry about Ashton running around the doctor's office. This time was no exception, and we were all excited to hear our little baby's heartbeat. My nurse called us back and I went into the bathroom to collect a urine sample.
Don't forget about the disclaimer! If you don't want to hear all the icky details, please pass through!!
I set my small cup on the sink and washed my hands. I picked up my cup and had a deja vu moment from Kohls. Oh, ya. Only this time, it wasn't Cheerios. It was my pee!!!! I dropped the entire cup!!! I stood for a couple of seconds in disbelief. EWWW!!! Please don't hand me an open container of anything in the near future. We all know what will happen to it!
Don't worry, my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day gets even better. I found out at my appointment that I had bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection. Yuck!! Sorry, that was probably TMI!!
This was also the appointment where I had to drink that awful glucose drink, wait an hour and then get my blood drawn. No fun. Then, I had to get a flu shot. Ouchy. I know I am a wimp, but dropping my urine all over myself and the bathroom floor, finding out I have two infections, drinking a nasty sugar drink, getting my blood drawn and then a flu shot makes me want to climb back into bed!!
We decided to get a pizza from Papa Murphey's so I wouldn't have to do any cooking that night. Yep, you guessed it, I burned the top of my arm on the oven when I was getting the pizza out.
Do you want to know the best part about my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day?
It ended!!
I got on some terrific antibiotics, my burn has healed, my owies from the flu shot and getting blood drawn feel better, and my nurse was super nice and understanding about me getting urine all over. I am looking back on that day and laughing so hard at myself! If that is as bad as my bad days get, I have it EASY. :) I am so so blessed and happy to have my handsome, healthy boys and a healthy pregnancy.
We are anticipating December with so much excitement and a twinge of anxiety!! Ok, I feel more than a twinge of anxiety, but you would too if your husband was graduating, you were having a baby and moving somewhere unknown in the dead of winter....
Disclaimer: There are some icky details to my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, so if you are not in the mood, just skip down to the pregnancy photos!
Ok, don't say I didn't warn you!
For some reason, my brain seems to work veeeeeery slowly when I am pregnant. I am naturally accident-prone and this is just intensified when I am prego! A couple days before my bad day, Nelson, Ashon and I were shopping at Kohls. Ashton had been snacking from a container of Cheerios while we were shopping. As we were about to leave the store, I took the container from him to put it away and clumsily fumbled it from hand to hand until I spilled the entire container. It was so, SO embarrassing!! The sad part is my two-year-old was not the one to blame, it was completely my fault! We picked up as many as we could and bolted right out of there!
A couple days later I had a prenatal appointment. I actually really enjoy going to my appointments, especially because Nelson is able to come with me so I don't have to worry about Ashton running around the doctor's office. This time was no exception, and we were all excited to hear our little baby's heartbeat. My nurse called us back and I went into the bathroom to collect a urine sample.
Don't forget about the disclaimer! If you don't want to hear all the icky details, please pass through!!
I set my small cup on the sink and washed my hands. I picked up my cup and had a deja vu moment from Kohls. Oh, ya. Only this time, it wasn't Cheerios. It was my pee!!!! I dropped the entire cup!!! I stood for a couple of seconds in disbelief. EWWW!!! Please don't hand me an open container of anything in the near future. We all know what will happen to it!
Don't worry, my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day gets even better. I found out at my appointment that I had bacterial vaginosis and a yeast infection. Yuck!! Sorry, that was probably TMI!!
This was also the appointment where I had to drink that awful glucose drink, wait an hour and then get my blood drawn. No fun. Then, I had to get a flu shot. Ouchy. I know I am a wimp, but dropping my urine all over myself and the bathroom floor, finding out I have two infections, drinking a nasty sugar drink, getting my blood drawn and then a flu shot makes me want to climb back into bed!!
We decided to get a pizza from Papa Murphey's so I wouldn't have to do any cooking that night. Yep, you guessed it, I burned the top of my arm on the oven when I was getting the pizza out.
Do you want to know the best part about my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day?
It ended!!
I got on some terrific antibiotics, my burn has healed, my owies from the flu shot and getting blood drawn feel better, and my nurse was super nice and understanding about me getting urine all over. I am looking back on that day and laughing so hard at myself! If that is as bad as my bad days get, I have it EASY. :) I am so so blessed and happy to have my handsome, healthy boys and a healthy pregnancy.
We are anticipating December with so much excitement and a twinge of anxiety!! Ok, I feel more than a twinge of anxiety, but you would too if your husband was graduating, you were having a baby and moving somewhere unknown in the dead of winter....
Hopefully Nelson can land an internship under an architect. He has been applying and interviewing. This real world stuff is sort of scary!
We are beyond excited for the arrival of baby brother aka
"baby brudder."
Here are some pregnancy photos and comparisons:







6 comments:
You are so cute! I too feel crazy uncoordinated when I'm pregnant! Yes...good thing about bad days is...they end!
We all have to have one of those bad days every now and then--it makes us appreciate the good days even more:) Hang in there!
ha ha ha! katie, i am sorry, but i totally laughed at this story. you poor thing!!!! i know the feeling tho, it seems like stuff like that always happens in one day. glad you got thru it! good luck to nelson in finding a job. and you are an adorable pregnant woman! both times! =)
You are just so cute when you are pregnant! I gotta say that I giggled a little while reading your post. (Not about the burn though. OUCH!) Those things happen and luckily people are nice and understanding! Especially about the pee! And just know, you are probably NOT the first to do that and I'm sure the nurses and doctors have had to deal with much worse than a little bit of spilled pee! :) But it sure makes for a funny story to tell! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Hopefully Nelson can find a job in say....Idaho Falls! Then we could see you guys more!:)
Aww Katie I am sorry about your horrible day! You would not believe that stupid things I did while I was pregnant and my husband was deployed- I sweat pregnancy kills braincells- but the outcome is worth every lost braincell for sure! I hope you don't have anymore horrible days like that! By the way you are by far the cutest pregnant woman EVER! Can't wait to see your cute boy- I am sure he will be just as cute as Ashton :)
Thats hilarious Katie! Im sorry you had a bad day! Good thing everyday is not like that!
Post a Comment