We took a quick, last-minute trip to Idaho for Conference Weekend! Nelson had an interview scheduled, so that was the main reason we drove down. It was SO fun to see everyone!
 |
| Nelson will roll down the windows during our drive and Ashton likes to pretend he is on a roller coaster!! |
 |
| He LOVES it!! |
 |
| Our first night there we ate at a Mexican Bakery...yum!! |
 |
| After Nelson's interview, we all met up at a corn maze in Shelley. Ashton and Ava were SO happy to be reunited!! |
 |
| Everyone at the corn maze!! Ashton, Nelson, me, LoriAnn, Rhett, Tara, Ava and Jarom. |
 |
| Ashton and Uncle Rhett leading the way! |
 |
| These pictures are so indicative of their personalities while in public...Ava is super smiley while Ashton is Mr. Serious! However, they both love to KISS!!! :) |
 |
| Two little munchkins getting into mischief together! |
 |
| Rhett shooting!! |
 |
| Ashton and Daddy looking at all the pumpkins! |
 |
| Ava and Ashton thought it was so fun to throw the little pumpkins! :) |
 |
| Uh oh! Someone had to visit time-out after bath time... |
 |
| Handsome boy ready for Girls' Night Out while the boys went to the Priesthood session! |
 |
| I just love that sweet smile!! |
 |
| Ashton and Ava were having the time of their lives dipping chips in salsa! |
 |
| These two play so cute together!! They each have one of Grandma Pat's shoes on! |
 |
| Playing ring-around-the-rosies! |
 |
| We all fall down! |
 |
There was a huge herd of cattle on the road on our way back to Montana. Ashton was so excited to see the cowboys!
|
The best part of Conference Weekend was...CONFERENCE, of course!! We are SO blessed to be able to hear the counsel of the leaders of the Church. It is truly amazing to be able to know of our Father in Heaven's love for us. As usual, I felt so blessed and inspired to improve my life and become more Christlike. I want to be a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, a better daughter of God. I want to the right thing at the right time, without delay!!
I felt comfort from many of the talks given and I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of the challenges I face each day. He loves each one of us so much and the things that matter to us also matter to him. I know that my eternal destiny is not determined by chance, but by choice. Keeping the commandments brings me happiness! President Monson promised that "there is nothing which can bring more joy into our lives or more peace to our souls than the Spirit which can come to us as we follow the Savior and keep the commandments." I know that is a true statement.
How grateful I am to be lead by a prophet of God. I just love my little family so much and am so thankful for the opportunity I have to be with them forever. What a true blessing it is to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!!
No comments:
Post a Comment