Monday, February 27, 2012

BIG news!!

I have been the BIGGEST blogging slacker (even my dad commented on my lack of posts!) I have soo much to blog about but before I get too carried away, I have some big news to share.

BIG news.


Nelson got a job!!!

Wooohooooooooo!!!! Hooray!!

It is in Hampstead, North Carolina.

Yes, you heard correctly! We are moving across the country!!


Instead of living in the dry, desert land called Idaho, we will be 20 minutes from the OCEAN!!

Our big move is still surreal, but we are so so excited for our new adventure!! Of course, we are heartbroken to leave our family, but also extremely grateful for this opportunity.

Nelson will be interning under a fantastic architect in Hampstead. He has to complete a 3-year internship before he can become a licensed architect, so we will be there for at least 3 years. I am SO, SO proud of my handsome husby!! All those years of school are paying off and he is excited to be working in his field. 

Stay tuned for a post reviewing a 38-hour journey across the United States! In the meantime, here is my catch-up post! :)

We have been LOVING having a new baby in the house again!



What a precious, sweet boy!



Here is Ashton on Christmas Eve opening some new pajamas!



Yay! 



Of course Beckham had matching monkey pajamas! I am totally loving having two little boys to match!



Merry Christmas!! We were still in Bozeman for Christmas in a practically empty apartment. My mom and her husband came to visit us after church and we had a wonderful time. 



This was the best Christmas EVER for Nelson and me because of our new baby boy!! He was truly the best Christmas present!



Ashton admiring his new letter puzzle! This kid is obsessed with letters and can recognize both upper and lower case and even knows most of the sounds. 



Ashton on his Rody!! He lovingly named it "Old Red" after the Marty Robbins song. Nelson's dad used to sing "Old Red" to him every night and now Nelson sings it to Ashton. It melts my heart every time I hear Ashton singing it.



Nana with her two grandbabies!!



Ashton helped Doc make some whipped cream for the pie...yummy!! :)



My boys in their RED Christmas pajamas! I just LOVE them!



Merry Christmas!!



Ashton on Old Red!



When I said our apartment was empty, I meant it!! We even packed up our bed and slept on an air mattress.



Sorry some of these pictures are sideways, silly Blogger! Isn't Beckham absolutely precious??



We had to pack everything that was left in our apartment in our car...it was a FULL load! We could barely fit our children in the car!



Good bye Bozeman! We'll miss you! (Doesn't Ashton look so sweet holding his puppy?)



Our car was so full I had to put our bedspread on my lap!



Look how Ashton fell asleep!



Sweet little Becks!



Nelson and Ashton meeting Madison for the first time! Even though our time living in Idaho has been short, we have enjoyed every minute! 


I'm heartbroken that these two won't be able to see each other as much since we are moving to NC. They love to play together!



Isn't that face SO kissable??



Ashton playing dress up!



Nelson's parents got Ashton and Ava little scooters for Christmas...they are soo cute riding together!



Ashton posing on Ava's scooter!



We had a belated Christmas with the Arave family...it was wonderful!



Madison and Beckham are only a month apart in age! 



COUSINS!! A pair of sisters and a pair of brothers!



Ashton and Beckham doing tummy time together! Ashton is the BEST big brother!! He has had a rough go these past couple months getting a new baby brother and moving, but I think he is adjusting very well. He has had an increase in tantrums, but much of that is just part of being a two-year-old. Thankfully he has been nothing but super sweet and helpful with Beckham, making my job as a mother of two just wonderful!



Cutie Ashton playing in a box!



Ashton racing his scooter around the house!



Sweet baby Beckham!



Ashton is the best at helping Beckham feel better! He will often tell me what to do, "Beckham's hungry Mom!", or "Let's change Beckham's diaper!" or "Let's sing Becks a song!"



More tummy time! :)



Poor Beckham hating bathtime! He has grown to like it now. 



Brothers!!



Ava and Ashton!



Ashton and Grandma Pat on her birthday!



Blowing out the candles!



My handsome hubby! Nelson's birthday was January 23rd and I didn't get one picture of the festivities!! How lame! Sometimes it is a little difficult to get the camera out when I am always holding our sweet baby. I made breakfast in bed for Nelson and later that day we went to a movie and brought pizza home for dinner. He got an iPhone for his main present and has been loving it!



Ashton all bundled up for a wagon ride!



Beckham posing while Ashton and I giggle at him!



Ash getting another haircut from Daddy!



He is getting too big too fast! I just can't believe it sometimes!



This picture melts my heart!!
We blessed Beckham on Sunday, February 5, 2012. Nelson gave him SUCH a beautiful blessing. One thing that really stood out to me in the blessing was Beckham's great capacity to love others. I know that will be true all of his life. He is such a special chosen spirit and I couldn't be happier to be his mother.
Our family of FOUR!!




Beckham with his Great-Grandma Glenna!
The Illum Family! 




Nelson and I were SO excited about our new callings in the ward...and now we're moving! Beckham's blessing day was also my first Sunday as the Primary chorister. I recruited my two brother-in-laws to help me and we had a blast! Rhett did a fantastic job as Captain CTR.  I told the kids if they sang really well I would cut off Caleb's tie. One little girl almost started crying when I snipped his tie...but the senior primary loooved it! :) I have been having the time of my life every week and am so sad to have to leave this fun calling!
Ashton tried on Captain CTR's cape after church...so so cute! That is my kind of super hero!

Ashton absolutely loves Madi Lou and always wants to hold her!



Nelson was called as the 2nd counselor in the Young Men Presidency, which has been super fun for him! They went camping in the SNOW a couple weekends ago. Nelson set up this tent in the living room and Ashton loved it! 


It will be so much fun when our boys get a little older and can camp out with Daddy in the backyard!



Ashton is Mr. Copycat these days and will completely mimic someone. Nelson was sitting just like this in front of him! 



Our cute little boys after church with matching bow ties!! We just love them SO incredibly much!



Beckham with Grandpa Tom...is is just me or do they look alike in this picture?



Beckham with Grandpa Brad!



Becks with Grandma Pat!



Ashton and Ava love to watch YouTube videos together! Their all-time favorite is "Wheels on the Bus"...it never gets old to them!



I love how Ashton slipped his arm around Ava...smooth move!! :)



When I say Ashton is the best helper, I really mean it! I don't know what I would do without him!




Sweet little baby enjoying his bath!



OH!! Hello cute little boy!!



Ashton posing by Mommy's Valentine's day flowers!



Tara's cute matching family on Madison's blessing day! 2.19.12



These two partners in crime found some shoes to try on!



Madison and Beckham! Beckham weighs more than his petite cousin!



Ava and Ashton with Madi and Beckham!



Ashton loves the babies!



Ashton taking pictures for Aunt Tara! :)



Kissing cousins!



Mommy and her little man! I just love those DIMPLES!!



Beckham laying on his blanket the Laurels in Bozeman made for him! Aren't they the sweetest? I miss those girls so much!

And, just for fun, here are some brother comparison pictures. I think they look alike, especially the nose and chin, but they are unique too.







8 comments:

Richard and Becky Curzon said...

such cute boys:) congrats on the job and good luck with another move!

Erin said...

Congratulations on the job Katie and Nelson! I hope you enjoy North Carolina and being near the beach! Your kids are just too cute, and I love how similar and yet different they look.

The Clarks said...

wow! north carolina! congrats guys! loved all the new pictures. =)

Trisha said...

CONGRATS!! If you get homesick, come visit me, or meet me half way! :) If you need a place to stay on your way out (if you're not already there), you're more than welcome! :) GOOD LUCK!

Cami Jo said...

Wow!! Congrats!! Your boys are so cute!!!

Samantha Polson said...

Yay for a job! And a new adventure! I bet you'll have so much fun...especially fun beach days!
Cute boys! They definatly look alike!
Good luck with the move!

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Congratulations on the job but we will miss you so much here. My kids have LOVED you as the chorister. Each one of them tells me about singing time that day! Hope you guys have fun and good luck!

Kiley said...

Hey, we need a new post & some picture of you guys in NC! (Congrats by the way...a little late!)