Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Introducing...Beckham Brad Arave!!!

He is here!!!
Beckham Brad Arave
December 22, 2011
1:28 am
7 lbs 10 oz
19 3/4 in
Adorable as can be!!






Beckham is almost 5 weeks old now and we just love, love, LOVE
our tiny new bundle of joy! I obviously am a slooow learner when it comes to having babies and moving. We moved when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Ashton (remember?). That is definitely not suggested, but it is even worse moving with a newborn!! I am so grateful for my hardworking husband who has barely allowed me to lift a finger! Also, thank you SO much to our great families who helped us move and clean out our apartment.This last month has been a crazy adventure but we are finally starting to settle in and resume somewhat of a routine. Bear with me as I get back in the swing of things!

But let's get to the good part, Beckham's birth story! I had a pretty easy and smooth-sailing labor and delivery with Ashton, and this one was even easier!! 

At my appointment a week before Beckham was born, I was dilated to a 3. This was very exciting since I was only dilated to a 4 when I checked in the hospital with Ashton. I started having some contractions on Sunday, December 18 after we got home from church. We got our hopes up and called our parents. After two hours, my contractions came to a dead halt. I couldn't believe it! It was really a blessing though, because we moved most of our things on Monday and I was able to pack and help out. I still hadn't had a single contraction since Sunday until around 5 pm on Wednesday night. I was ready to go to Mutual when I felt a very strong contraction. Yippeee!! I tried not to get my hopes too high, just in case the contractions stopped. 

My contractions kept coming as we put Ashton to bed. My friend Cheri came over to sit in our apartment until my mom could get there. Thank you, thank you Cheri! 

My last prego picture!! 39 weeks, 5 days.




Ready to head to the hospital!



We checked into the hospital at 11:30 pm on Wednesday night. I quickly put the hospital gown and told my nurse to call the anesthesiologist. I was ready for an epidural pronto! She checked me and I was already at a 7, and my contractions were getting closer and closer together. Luckily I was able to get my epidural just in time! The newest member of our family arrived only a couple hours later at 1:28 am!! 




Ready to meet our little guy!

We love the hospital in Bozeman...it is so luxurious!! 

Here I am with our cute, spunky nurse!! I looooved her! She was so hilarious!
I was only in active labor for about 4 hours...short and sweet!! That is the way to have babies! :) I couldn't believe it when it was time to push. Nelson and I were gearing up for a long labor and were pleasantly surprised with such a short one! Like the first time around, I really enjoyed pushing. I even exclaimed at one point, "This is so fun!" to which my doctor replied, "I have never heard that before!" 

When I was pregnant with Beckham, I worried that I might not love him as much as I love Ashton. Sometimes I really think to myself that other parents must not love their children as much as I love my Ashton. It is such a powerful, unconditional love. I am obsessed with our little guy! Well, I am happy to report that the size of my heart doubled and I do have the capacity to love both of my boys soooooo incredibly much! It is amazing and beautiful. 

I will never forget the moment Beckham was placed on my chest. It was almost like deja vu because he looked so much like little baby Ashton. Gratitude and happiness overwhelmed my body as Nelson and I bonded with our new baby boy. What a sweet blessing and wonderful opportunity we have to be Beckham's parents.

Sweet baby boy only minutes old with Daddy's hand keeping him warm!

Beckham hated his first bath but looved getting his hair washed!

Big brother Ashton meeting Beckham for the first time! Nelson was able to go home before Ashton woke up...Ashton had no idea we were even gone that night! Ashton absolutely loves Beckham and is the best little helper. He is constantly giving Beckham kisses and is an amazing help during diaper changes.

My mom with her two grandsons!

Sooo sweet!!

My whole world. I love, love, LOVE my boys!!

The nurses gave Ashton a big brother sticker and he put it right on his forehead! 

One of my friends gave us the idea to have a gift for Ashton from Beckham at the hospital. I would recommend this for all older siblings who are getting a new baby! Ashton loved having some attention just on him and he still talks about the cars and book Beckham gave him.

Mommy and her little boys!

Ashton wanted to lay his head on the blanket just like Beckham!

Ashton is in the biggest copycat stage right now...it is ADORABLE! I love how his little legs are crossed and his hands are in his pockets just like Daddy!


Here is a comparison between Ashton and Beckham...can you see why I am having deja vu??

Two adorable boys!


Nelson had no trouble entertaining Ashton at the hospital! :)

Cute boy!

Baby Beckham in his "going home" outfit!

Ashton's going-home outfit had a little monkey on the bum, so we decided to continue the tradition with Beckham! 

Our precious little boy!! 

Beckham has the sweetest little spirit! A bit of heaven on earth. 

Our family of FOUR! 

Big brother Ashton keeping an eye on Beckham!

I couldn't love my two little boys anymore!! My heart just bursts thinking about them!

We feel so blessed to have Beckham in our family. I love this quote by Sheri Dew, 
"Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us." 

I just love taking care of our two little boys. I truly feel like this is what I was made for. I am blessed beyond measure with my amazing husband and little boys. I feel so happy and grateful for my eternal family!! 

12 comments:

Kerstin said...

Congratulations!
They do look the same, both are very cute. I hope that you all feel well and get some sleep.

Stephani Polson said...

YAY! I have been waiting and waiting for this post! I have been dying to see pictures of the new little one! So happy for you guys! He is ADORABLE of course and Ashton seems to just LOVE him!
Congrats to your family and congrats Nelson on being done with school! Hopefully we can see you guys soon!

Samantha Polson said...

Congrats! You're right...Beckham looks a lot like his big bro! So cute! I love his name!

Gillaire said...

oh yeah, my new little cousin is here! I"m soo glad the little guy got here safely! Give him hugs and kisses from all of us!

Richard and Becky Curzon said...

Katie, you are making me so baby hungry for another one...the pics of your two boys together are just precious!! What a darling little family you have!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! You are such a good looking family! You do have some very handsome little guys. Beckham is so precious, I can see how you love being home to snuggle and love your boys all day!

Cheri and David said...

Oh my goodness he is so sweet. I miss you guys though!!! Hope everything is going great for you!

The Clarks said...

congratulations, you guys!! i was so bummed we weren't able to meet him before you guys left. it all happened so fast tho it sounds like! i'm glad he got here safe and i hope the move went well!

Shirley & Marty said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute. Way to go you two!! From the Wallace's

5 Little Moberlys said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He's so adorable!

Rowbury Adventures said...

CONGRATS!! That is so exciting, I can't believe you're a family of four!! You make the cutest darn kids, I'm so happy for you! And how do you look so darn cute pregnant and right after you had a baby? i need your secrets haha

Jessica said...

Hooray! The post I have been waiting for. It has been fun to see how much Ashton and Beckham look alike. Congrats from us! I hope that the transition from 1 to 2 is going well (and having just moved!).

PS> Send any short labor vibes my way!