Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ch..ch..ch..changes!

The only thing that is constant in our lives is CHANGE!! We have had so many changes lately, and thankfully they have all been so wonderful! We are truly blessed. Bear with me as I catch the blog up on our busy lives...

Here it is!! Our new house!!! WE LOVE IT!!  It has been wonderful having space to roam around, lots of kitchen counter space, a guest room, a backyard and a garage!! After living in apartments for so long, we are even more grateful for our beautiful  home. I will post pictures of the inside once I have everything decorated...hopefully soon! 

Ashton in our backyard! We moved into our new house on June 15, 2012. He could not wait to play in his backyard, so we allowed him even though it was raining.  

We love the Elders and are so grateful for their willingness and excitement helping us move! This was our third move in less than 6 months, so we are practically pros! 


Beckham has been growing SO SO SO fast!! He is physically way ahead of the game. He has been crawling on his hands and knees and pulling himself to stand since he was 6 months old. He scares me because he is fearless, which is opposite of his more cautious older brother. No one can make him laugh as hard as Ashton can. I absolutely love watching them laugh together...heaven on Earth.
Another welcome change that has entered our home are these beauties!! When we originally moved, we left with the thought in mind that someone would drive the rest of our things to us. We have since decided that the value of our things doesn't equate to the money it takes to get it out here, so now we are buying everything new. It is a little frustrating buying new things when we have the same items in Idaho, but I am just trying to forget everything we had so I won't miss it too much. One plus to this situation is getting brand new things though! I was without a washer and dryer for three weeks...which is a looooong time when you are living with two little boys! I had never been so excited to do laundry! I know it is pathetic, but I still am excited to do laundry in my new washer and dryer!! They are beautiful!

Another huge milestone that we have accomplished is Ashton's potty training SUCCESS!! He has been ready for soooo long, but between getting a new baby brother, moving to Idaho, moving to North Carolina and then moving to our new house, the timing has just not been great until now. I am so happy to report he is "trained!" :) We had a reward system that he thrived on. He is definitely a people pleaser. We struggled a little to get him to go poo on the toilet, however. He would hold it in for an entire week until he just couldn't hold it anymore. Then the cycle would continue. Thanks to the advice of our pediatrician, we established a routine of sitting on the toilet after dinner everyday. I gave him a little Miralax and ever since then he has been golden!


This made me laugh! I guess Ashton wanted a little company while he went to the bathroom.

What a big boy!!



Mike and Laura, who Nelson works for, have a daughter who just got married! I was so honored to help with some details in her wedding. Kathleen had a beach theme and I made this hair piece for her four bridesmaids. This isn't the best picture, I wish I would have taken a picture of the hair pieces on the girls, they looked so cute!


Another awful picture, but these are the headbands the flower girls wore.


And last, but not least, here is my fruit/veggie table masterpiece!! 

As tradition merits, here are some comparison pictures of our adorable boys. 

 Beckham is starting to develop a different look, but you can still tell they are brothers!

Interestingly enough, they wore the same shirt to their 6-month check-up! Of course Daddy had to reenact this scenario! We LOVE our little guys!! 


5 comments:

5 Little Moberlys said...

Wow! Lots of changes but all good ones! Glad to hear you guys are doing well! Love the veggie table and hair piece and of course all those pictures of those 2 cute boys!

The Clarks said...

yay!! so excited for you guys to have a house! and way to go ashton on potty training, that is great!

Jessica said...

What great news on all fronts! I am glad to see things are going well for you and your adorable little family, Katie!

Mary Lynn Evans said...

So glad to see you guys are doing so well! That is all very exciting!

Stephani Polson said...

What a beautiful house! Isn't it SO NICE going from an apartment to a larger home where the kiddos have more room to roam around?! So excited for you! Can't wait to see the inside!
Your boys are just as cute as ever! An getting so big!
And I love the stuff you made for the wedding! So pretty! Go you!
We hope you guys are having a great time out there and hopefully we will get to see you around the holidays!
Take care!