Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Daddy-O!!

Father's Day 2012

"There is no other relationship quite like that which can and should exist between a boy and his dad." M. Russell Ballard

I just LOVE the father of our children...he is the BEST in the world!! Father's Day was extra fun this year since Ashton was old enough to do a little questionnaire:

ALL ABOUT MY DAD:
My dad is 3 years old.
My dad is really strong, he could lift an apple.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is a sandwich. (Ashton and Nelson have a special tradition of sharing breakfast sandwiches together, so I thought this answer was especially sweet!)
My dad always says, "No, no!"
My dad is the best at Latter-day Saint.
My dad's job is talking with Mike and Laura. (Mike and Laura are the people who Nelson works for...pretty smart boy!)
My dad laughs when he laughs at me.
My dad and I like to play.
My dad really loves Laura. (I laughed out loud at this one! I was expecting him to say himself, or Mommy! Laura has become a surrogate grandma for Ashton and he loves her so much. We are very grateful for her.)
I love my dad because Daddy loves me!


We made a Father's Day card! I traced both boys' hands and when the card is open, their hands make the shape of a heart! Thanks for the idea, Pinterest! :)
I simply COULD NOT love these boys more!!!


Playing outside after Church on Father's Day afternoon! Our boys LOVE their daddy!
Cuties with matching bow ties!
Ashton couldn't wait to get his church clothes off!! Silly boy!

One of my favorite parts of having two little boys is that it is almost like have two mini Nelsons with me all the time. Everyone always comments on how much our sons look like their daddy, and I love it! It is a beautiful thing to love my husband so incredibly much and then have two little children who remind me so much of their daddy. Sometimes when I am missing Nelson during the day, I just look at Beckham's eyes and see Nelson's eyes. I hope they both grow up to be JUST like their dad, in all aspects.  

WE LOVE YOU!!!

4 comments:

Kiley said...

Hey, I'm stealing that picture of your boys in their bow ties! Mind if I put it on my facebook page for my shop?

Everyone always says my boys look just their dad too. You have some cute little boys and I can't believe that Beckham is already crawling and pulling himself up! Bryce isn't even close :)

Katie!! said...

Steal away, Kiley!! :)

Katie!! said...

Whoops, I wasn't quite done Kiley! Thank you SO much for the adorable bow ties...they are a huge hit out here in NC! No one has seen such cute bow ties for little boys.

Kiley said...

Thanks! And hey, feel free to tell everyone where you got them ;)