One of my favorite places is undoubtedly within temple walls. There is no other place where I feel closer to the Lord than inside His holy house. As President Monson stated, "The world can be a challenging and difficult place in which to live. We are often surrounded by that which would drag us down. As you and I go to the holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation. In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace, we will be renewed and fortified."
The closest temple to us is the Raleigh Temple and we were so excited to have a free weekend to attend the temple. The Raleigh Temple is actually the smallest temple in the world...much different from what we are used to in the Idaho Falls Temple. I just love being able to feel the Spirit in such a powerful way, no matter what temple I am in.
![]() |
| Sweet boy Ashton reading the Friend on the way up! |
![]() |
| I love the way Beckham holds onto his carseat...he does it often! It is almost as though he is thinking his straps aren't quite enough to hold him in. :) |
![]() |
| My handsome boys!! They are my WHOLE WORLD!! |
![]() |
| Our family! |
![]() |
| Mommy with the boys! |
![]() |
| Some of the buildings are incredibly old and full of character. There are fields and fields of tobacco plants surrounding the two towns. |
My favorite part of our day trip was hearing Ashton's sweet voice sing over and over again, "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday...To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray." Heavenly Father has taught me so much through my roles as a wife and mother. It is a tender mercy to be reminded of what matters most by my little boys and wonderful husband.








No comments:
Post a Comment