August 3, 2012 was a special day for Nelson and me...we celebrated our fifth anniversary!!!! These five years have truly been the best in my life. I remember thinking on our wedding day that my heart could simply not hold any more love for Nelson, but here I am, five years later, and my love has only deepened and increased.
I love my husband
so
so
so
much.
Thank goodness Nelson listened to the promptings from the Holy Ghost to be patient with me during our dating days. I'm trying not to brag too much, but man, let me tell you, I have an AMAZING guy!! I am so blessed to be able to give my children the best father in the world. I love his strong yet humble testimony. I love his fun, easy-going nature mixed with his determination to work hard. I love how he always plays with and teaches our boys. I love his creative eye and handyman abilities. I love that nearly every piece of furniture in our home was either designed and built or refinished by Nelson. I love his great sense of style and good looks. All I dreamed of in a husband I find in Nelson.
For our anniversary I made a photobook on Shutterfly highlighting each of our anniversaries. It is amazing to think of all that has happened in just 5 years!
In 5 years of marriage we have:
-lived in 3 states
-had 6 addresses
-purchased our first home
-spent 1807 nights lying next to each other (only 18 nights apart)
-accepted and fulfilled 12 church callings
-been in 15 states together
-enjoyed 20 months of pregnancy
-went through 18 hours of labor (phew!)
-became parents
-witnessed the birth of our two children
-blown up 1 car (good bye, Alero!)
-survived 1 minor car accident (poor Caddy!)
-bought our first car together (hello, Yukon!)
-earned a Bachelors and Masters degree
-celebrated 4 Halloweens: Princess and the Pea with a mattress on top of our rental car, football players with a BABY football, Safari explorers with the cutest lion, and cowboys and a cowgirl. I can't wait to see what we come up with this year!
-sent Nelson's little brother and parents on missions
-seen 4 of our siblings get married (and my mom too, but we weren't there for that one!)
-became a first-time Uncle and Aunt to {almost!} 3 nieces
I'm so glad I get to spend my happily ever after with my handsome hunk of a husband!!
| Our family on our 5th anniversary! |
| Beckham and I testing out the self-timer! :) |
| We went out to eat at Chili's and our little boys were angels! (Phew!) |
| Cute boys! |
| We went shopping the next day and Nelson bought me a new dress and heels...he knows how to keep this girl happy! |
| I'm so grateful Nelson is such a talented hair-cutter...we save a fortune since he cuts all our boys hair, included his own. |
| Ashton had a couple friends over to play and we got CRAFTY!! |
| Then we went to Wendy's for a frosty! |
I am so grateful I get to spend every day with my two little boys. I try my best to cherish each moment because I am recognizing more and more every day how quickly time flies by. We like to listen to Primary songs in the car and I have been thinking a lot about the song, "The Family is of God."
"God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God."
I especially love the 3rd verse:
"A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the family."
I really believe this is true. God gave me my family to help me become what He wants me to be -- more patient, more loving, more selfless, more charitable, the list goes on and on. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have each day to teach our children, but in the same breath I am even more thankful for the things they teach me.
| Beckham boy! |
| Ashton getting a piggy-back ride from Daddy-O! |
![]() |
| Cute, cute CUTE boys!!! |
| Sweet Ashton reading to Cheetah! |
| Ashton can write quite a few letters...here is C! |
| And L, sideways! |
| I love those DIMPLES!! |
![]() |
| How could I ever have a bad day hanging out with these two handsome devils?? |
| This picture sums up Beckham and Ashton's relationship. Beckham thinks Ashton is the coolest thing to ever hit planet earth!! |
| Kisses for my sweet boy! Look how big he is in my arms!! Who told him to grow up so fast??? |
| Ashton loves homemade milkshakes and I love when he gets the cutest little mustache! |
| Since our crib is back in Idaho, we got to buy a new one for Beckham! |
| He approves! :) |
| Cute shirtless, pantless boys playing together! At least Ashton is wearing shoes and a hat...right? |
| Beckham is not a big fan of baby food (which is completely OPPOSITE of how baby Ashton was!) However, Beckham adores Ashton and will usually eat if Ashton feeds him! |
| Soo sweet! Ashton is on his way to throw out Beckham's dirty diaper. He is such a good little boy! {Most of the time!} |
![]() | |||
| Whenever I am out and about, at least one person comments, "You have your hands full!" I can sort of see what they mean... Usually when I get that comment I smile and reply, "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!!" |
![]() |
| My mom sent a birthday package for Ashton and the boys were so so excited! I am telling you, there is nothing like a wonderful package that makes living 2000 miles apart a little easier. |
I'll wrap it up with some comparison pictures:
![]() |
| A fascination with that cute boy in the mirror! |
![]() |
| We love our cute boys!! |








1 comment:
I love your posts. However, when I first saw the title said 5, I thought to myself...she's pregnant again already?!?! I really thought, or assumed I guess, that you were announcing that you'd be a family of 5 now. ha ha. This is probably because I've had 6 people in the last week announce that they are pg and due about the same time as me. Anyways, congrats on 5 years, that's a fun milestone! and your kiddos are so sweet:)
Post a Comment