Friday, January 25, 2013

MIA...........

Missing in action.....................

That's where I've been!! We have been SO busy and I'm happy to report we've been having TONS of fun!! I have so much to blog about, so bear with me while I catch our family journal up.

Let's travel back in time to NOVEMBER! 
Nelson's maternal grandma was born and raised in North Carolina, and most of her extended family still lives here. We went to a family reunion in Raleigh where Nelson was able to meet so many cousins! Nelson's Grandma Lois had 8 brothers and sisters, all of who are deceased except one brother, Wally. We met Wally at Grandma Lois's funeral 5 years ago. It was amazing to reconnect with him, he is incredible!  

Here we are with Uncle Wally! He is 92 years old and I think he is adorable! He looks a lot like Grandma Lois.



These are all the first cousins who attended the reunion!
The reunion was held at a BBQ place where we dined on real southern food! We had hush puppies, BBQ pork, fried okra, and classic macaroni and cheese.
The best part of the family reunion is that Nelson's aunt and uncle came to our house afterwards and stayed for the weekend!! It was so wonderful to see some familiar faces from Idaho. Ken and Gay are the SWEETEST and we love them so much!! 

It was fun to have them come to our ward in Hampstead and meet Nelson's boss and his family.

Aunt Gay spoils Ashton as much as his grandmas do and he LOVES her to pieces! It was so hard to say good bye when they left!!

Ken and Gay brought new pajamas for the boys!



Ashton and Uncle Ken playing Angry Birds together!


We LOVE visitors!! (Hint, hint relatives!!)
            




                                                                



Gay gave Ashton a $10 bill when they left and I will never forget the look on his face...pure excitement!! He decided to buy this cute owl with his money.


Nelson and Ashton constructed a boat together. It is so fun to see them bond together!

It floats! :)   

Stay tuned for more catch-up posts!

No comments: