I was a busy, BUSY mama right before we flew to Idaho for Christmas. Not only was I trying to keep up with the regular holiday bustle, putting on our North Carolina Christmas, sending out Christmas cards, and making neighbor gifts, I was also in charge of our Ward Christmas Party. I have to say I have SO much more respect and admiration for anyone who has planned a large church function. It is stressful! Between making invitions and programs, assigning refreshments, practicing and putting the production together, and countless other duties I decided I never had enough appreciation for those in charge of ward parties in the past. It was fun though, and very rewarding to see it all come together! The Christmas Party was on Friday, December 14 and we flew to Idaho the next day. In fact, we had to drive to Raleigh for our flight so we woke up at 4:30 am that Saturday morning. The boys were so excited to ride on an airplane!
 |
| My handsome boys waiting in the airport! |
 |
| Ashton had been looking forward to flying for months!! He was only 10 months old the last time he flew so he doesn't remember much, it was almost like this was his first time flying. |
 |
| Our flights going to Idaho worked out perfectly with Beckham's nap times. He took his morning nap during our first flight to Baltimore, then we ate lunch, and then he took his afternoon nap during the flight to Salt Lake. Ashton was very well-behaved and felt so special ordering his own drink and eating his snack. |
 |
| Ashton and Nelson during our layover in Baltimore! |
 |
| We were so grateful that my dad came down to Salt Lake to pick us up! Ashton was beyond happy to see his grandpa!! |
 |
| The boys were pretty happy to see Grandpa Tom too! The first thing they did was sit and watch YouTube videos, just like old times! |
 |
| Cute, blonde cousins reunited!! |
 |
| Ava's grandma was SO sweet and made these adorable cowboy outfits for Ava and Ashton! Aren't they the cutest?!? Wendy is so talented. |
 |
| Here's Beckham with Ashton's Learning Time binder! He is ready to learn! ;) |
 |
| Ava giving Beckham a hug! She was so sweet to him and I love how she called him, "Geckham!" |
 |
| We helped Tom and Pat put their Christmas tree up! |
 |
| Reindeer Beckham! |
 |
| Ashton getting bundled up to go for a ride on the 4-wheeler! |
 |
| Beckham riding on Daddy's shoulders! |
 |
| We love staying with Nelson's parents! The boys shared a room right next to ours and once we acclimated to the time difference, everyone slept very well. Our rooms are in the basement, so the boys would sleep in since their room was so dark. |
 |
| The boys were not cooperating for a picture... :) Here they are the Sunday before Christmas! | | |
 |
| Beckham boy trying on Grandpa's hat! |
 |
| How sweet is this storytime?! I just love, love, LOVE my boys!!! |
 |
| Ashton and his grandparents with their napkin bibs, haha!! |
 |
| We shopped for most of our gifts while in Idaho so we didn't have to take them on the plane with us. Ashton was excited to see Santa at TJ Maxx, but got a little freaked out when he picked him up. I don't blame him...his beard is invading Ashton's space! |
 |
| I wish I would've taken a picture of the boys with their Great-Grandma Arave! Here they are at her house, admiring her beautiful decorations. |
 |
| As tradition merits, we all got together on Christmas Eve for yummy food and the acting out of the Christmas Story. Ashton has been looking forward to playing Joseph since...well...probably since last year! None of the other kids were very excited to participate, but Ashton took his role very seriously. He is so cute! Luckily, Madi let us put the towel on her head for a couple seconds, just long enough to snap a picture! |
 |
| Joseph standing by Grandpa, who narrated the Christmas story. |
 |
| Our manger scene was certainly memorable! |
 |
| We started a new tradition this year: a pinata on Christmas Eve!! Ava has a pretty good swing for a 3-year-old! |
 |
| Ashton taking a turn! |
 |
| Ashton getting a little help from Uncle Caleb! |
 |
| Hurray!! Candy!!!!! |
Up next, Beckham's first BIRTHDAY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment