I'm seven weeks and two days along!! Our due date is August 30th, which is also Grandma Arave's birthday! Plus my mom's birthday is August 23rd, so our little one will be close to lots of birthdays! I just CANNOT wait for our baby to be here!! YEEEEE!!!! I'm on cloud nine! :)
As I was sitting in church on Sunday, I was pondering on how amazing our Heavenly Father's plan is. Isn't it completely wonderful how a baby can grow and develop inside a mother's body and come out perfect?!? I feel so wonderful that Heavenly Father is entrusting us with one of his children. What an awesome responsibility! I feel so close to the Spirit when I feel our baby inside me. I absolutely LOVE being pregnant!
Here's our little peanut!! That big circle on the right isn't baby's head, it's just the yolk sac. The baby is the little tiny mark on the left side of that circle. Isn't our baby cute already??
It was soo fun to see our baby!
We even were able to see our baby's heart beating!!! AMAZING!!!! What a blessing it is to live in a time where technology is so advanced. Baby's heart beat was 130 beats per minute, which is healthy and normal! Our little one is about one quarter to one half an inch long and weighs 0.001 of an ounce! Sooo tiny! Our baby is the size of a tic tac and weighs the same as an eyelash!!! While that sounds crazy, our baby is about 10,000 times bigger than at conception! All of the internal organs have formed and we were able to see tiny buds for the arms and legs. Our baby's brain is growing at an amazing speed: 100 cells per minute!!

I have another appointment in two weeks and then again when I'm 12 weeks along.
Thanks for all the congratulations...we have been blessed with such wonderful family and friends!! I'm soo excited to be a mother!!! That's all for now--I'll keep updating on our journey! :)
7 comments:
Your baby is so cute already! Congrats again Owen and Sophia are excited for a friend!
That's awesome you guys, I got home from work and Steph said she heard some exciting news today. You'll love being parents. Enjoy this special time, because before you know it, the baby will be 11 months old, making a poop, all the while trying to throw toys at the big screen. CONGRATULATIONS...Garrett is a good name for a boy.
Katie Congrats! You will be a great mommy!
Congratulations, Katie!! We are so excited for you two...best wishes :) I would sure like to get to know you better. I saw you and Nelson at church over the summer, but had a shy moment ;) Won't happen again! Good luck with everything.....Love, the Sorensen's
Oh, I just had a great idea! You are going to have to have me take some maternity photos when you are 28-32 weeks along! It will be so fun! Nelson will have to be in some of them too!
Congratulations Katie, I am very happy for you! You will be such a good mommy. Lets keep in closer touch ok. Dayle
Congratulations Katie and Nelson. There is nothing like it in the world, becoming parents!!
Heidi
Post a Comment