Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fat and Happy!!!

Ok....we have been SO busy and I am way behind on my blogging!! Here comes my catch-up! Get ready for blog overload!

I'm 17 weeks and 2 days pregnant today, hence the title of this blog: fat and happy! I don't really look pregnant yet, just a lil chubby. Every morning I wake up and immediately check out my stomach. Believe me, it looks huge!! After I put my clothes on, I carefully examine myself in the mirror and decide that I'm not so big after all and just look like I need to suck in my fat roll! Hahaha!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE being pregnant!! Being in the second trimester is just wonderful, I am loving all these hormones! I find I have a lot of energy so I'm taking full advantage of it while it lasts. Plus, who wouldn't be amazingly happy if they knew a precious baby is growing inside?? I certainly feel very close to the Spirit when I think of our little one who I love soooooo incredibly much already.

Here are some pregnancy pics of me lately. I'm always begging Nelson to take pictures of me even though he insists I barely look pregnant and sometimes look smaller than the day before! Haha! I know I just look chubby in these pics...but hey! I'm super excited to be pregnant! :)

16 weeks!

16 weeks again...I look pretty big right??


This one is a couple days later...still 16 weeks...but I look a little smaller!



I'm just fat and happy!!!

I'm starting to wear some of my pregnancy tops!!


Our baby is about 5 inches long and weighs almost 5 ounces! If we could hold our little munchin right now he or she would fit snuggly in the palm of my hand. Our baby is VERY mobile, gleefully moving his or her joints here, there, and everywhere! During our 16 week appt. our doctor was trying to find the heart beat and all we could hear was our baby moving all around! I still haven't felt our baby move inside me, but that's normal for a first time pregnancy. Our baby is developing his or her hearing now...how exciting is that? Nelson and I love to read about what's going on with our baby together each week. When Nelson read that the hearing was developing this week, he leaned over close to my belly and said, "Baby? This is your father speaking." I laughed out loud! What a cute husby I have!!

Our ultrasound is schedule for April 23 to find out if our baby is a boy or girl. We have our 20 week appointment on April 10, and we were really hoping that we could find out then, but the ultrasound technician can't schedule us until the 23rd. The suspense is KILLING ME!!! Last week was our Spring Break, and while we were in Idaho I visited one of my favorite families: the Tolmans. We decided to do a "test" to see if my baby was a boy or girl. I layed down on the floor and we tied our wedding rings to a string of floss and held it over my belly. The rings slowly began turning in a left circle...which means girl! Haha! We'll have to see if it's right!

OH!!!
I have some exciting news! My sister-in-law Tara is PREGNANT!!! YEEEEE!!!! I'm soo excited that we are pregnant together!! She is about six weeks along and due November 19th. I just know our kids will be the best of friends. I'm sooo happy and excited!! :)

8 comments:

The Richards said...

You have the smallest bump there ever was. :) I would not say you are "fat" in the slightest bit. But I am sure to you it feels huge. I remember feeling that way and my coworkers wondered what I was talking about for the longest time. Now that I am in the final trimester (and only 1 day away from D-Day) there is definitely no hiding it - not that I want to.
I'm glad things are going well for you and I'll anxious to find out what you are having as well. Also, that is exciting you get to be pregnant with your sister-in-law! My sister-in-law Rebecca is due any day as well. Our boys may be born on the same day! How fun!
Sorry this was so long. :)

Annie said...

You are so NOT fat! You do have a very cute little bump though. I'm glad we don't live anywhere near each other since I'm not as far along as you are and I'm already way bigger.

Stephani Polson said...

What are you talking about Katie?! You are such a teeny little thing! I'm so glad things are going well for you! Enjoy being pregnant! Keep us posted on everything!

Sister Savanah Jo Ward said...

Pu-lease! My belly's bigger than yours and I'm so NOT pregnant! Enjoy it!

Heidi said...

Enjoy your little bump while it lasts. YOu will LOVE when you can feel the baby kick- its the coolest in the world.

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

You look so super cute and stinking skinny! But your little bump is adorable. I was way bigger at that point so consider yourself lucky. But if you are like me I couldn't wait to show so that everyone would know there was a baby there! Pregnancy is so fun! I'm excited for Tara too!

Heather Sellers said...

you are so cute katie! and you are have a cute little bump and will never be fat. :)

Lusks in LOVE said...

K, Katie, I am so dang ridiculously excited for you to have your baby! I think I am living vicariously through you:) Looking good girl!