Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tell the whole wide world...I'm a HAPPY GIRL!!

Last Tuesday was my BIRTHDAY!!! YEEEE!!! I just love birthdays!! When I got into the shower that morning I couldn't help but ponder on my many, many, many blessings. My heart was absolutely filled to the brim with joy. The phrase popped into my head, "Tell the whole wide world, I'm a happy girl!!! " I simply could not be more happy!!!! I just feel as though Heavenly Father has blessed me beyond measure. On the morning of my birthday, Nelson woke up extra early, snuck out of bed and made me breakfast! What a perfect way to start off the day!! I have the sweetest husband who always goes the extra mile to please me!

Breakfast in bed!!
Nelson popped in one of my favorite movies, "Center Stage" to watch while we ate!! That's a real treat! I felt like a pampered princess!! When Nelson came home from class, we heard a knock, knock at our door....and it was the friendly UPS man delivering my birthday flowers! I also got tons of cards in the mail~ thanks family and friends! I just felt soo loved on my birthday!


I decided to take the pregnancy shot by my flowers and cards! It was my golden birthday this year!! I turned 21 on the 21st of April! Plus, I think it was my extra special sparkling golden birthday too because I'm 21 weeks pregnant too!! How cool is that??




Next it was time to open my present from that handsome hubby of mine...what could it be??




He put 1000 layers of tissue paper in this bag, and I finally uncovered...


The Sweetheart Award!! Haha!! How cute! It says:
Sweetheart Award
is hereby granted to
Katie E. Arave
For your kindess and generosity, for your understanding, for your warm-hearted spirit
Presented with love by Nelson and Baby Arave.
This certificate entitles you to buy anything you want. So let's go shopping!


So that's just what we did! It was a glorious day on my birthday!! We went shopping and found some great deals!

Nelsie and I both love root beer floats so we had to end my birthday night with them! Of course, since I turned 21 I had to have some beer on my birthday, right?? Haha! I'm just kidding!

We had another ultrasound today, our "official" one! I seriously could not be anymore excited to having a baby! What a blessing it is to know that our baby boy is sealed to us forever and ever and ever. It is unimaginable how much I already love our little boy! We haven't even met face to face but yet my heart is overflowing with love and adoration for him! I know that Heavenly Father's plan is truly a plan of happiness. The greatest happiness we can ever find is with our family. I'm so grateful that He has my divine potential in mind and has blessed me with the best husband in the world and entrusted the two of us with a beloved child. Could my life get any better?? I'm just soo happy!!
Our handsome prince was moving all over the place today! Oh I could just lay for hours and watch him move around inside me! He is so darn cute! This is my favorite picture we got today. His adorable profile is on the left and his left foot is kicking up by his head! We thought he might start sucking on his foot! What a cute munchin!

Look at that foot! Cute!



Here's a shot of his leg! I think he is already taking after his mama's long legs!



Here's his cute profile again! I like this shot too because you can see his little spine so clearly! It is simply amazing that something so small and yet perfectly complex is inside my tummy! And to think, he started off sooo tiny! It baffles my mind how effortlessly babies develop and grow. Our Heavenly Father is just amazing!
Here's my belly progress throughout the past couple weeks:

20 weeks along!



In the middle of our 20th week!


The end of week 20



WEEK 21!! Strangers are starting to notice my belly!! Yay! I've had two people ask me if I'm prego. That makes me feel good, some days I just feel chubby and want to wear a sign that says "Pregnant!" :)


In the middle of our 21st week! We just love love love our baby boy sooo much!!!

8 comments:

Jacob & Angie said...

Yay Kate I'm so happy for you! It looked like you had a great birthday! Your baby is so cute, I love the button nose (ps, I love looking at your ultrasounds because that is what I am majoring in!) I'm lovin' the baby bump!!!!
~Ang

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Katie! Wish you all the very best!!

Stephani Polson said...

Happy Belated Birthday Katie! It sounds like you had a great day! Your little baby belly is so cute! And I love the picture of your little guy's foot! Kylar had one like that and it was one of my faves! (P.S.- Excellent birthday gift Nelson!) Love you guys! Garrett, Steph, & Ky

Lusks in LOVE said...

Yay! You are past the 1/2 way mark!!! It's gone by really fast:). Happy Birthday!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I felt so bad that I was a day late! I love your growing belly...so cute! And your little guy is already so adorable! Can't wait to see you in person looking all cute and pregnant!

Samantha Polson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! A couple days late! I guess I didn't know that you are the same age as me! That's awesome! I turn 21 next month! What cute baby pics! I loved the picture of Aydan's spine also. We also got a picture of Aydan's eyes...pretty SWEET! It is so amazing what us girls can do....grow a miracle! I'm soo excited for you guys...and to meet the little guy!

Nate, Meggan & Ledger said...

Happy Birthday Katie! I hope you had a great day! You do have a nice husband.... what can I say it runs in the fam! Congrats on a boy! Boys are so much fun!!! You will be a great mom!!! It's the BEST!

Heidi said...

You finally look pregnant-- How adorable are you!