Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Tom!!

I just cannot keep up with all these birthdays!! My father-in-law's birthday was also on May 11!! Let me tell you...he is definitely the BEST father-in-law in the world!! I'm sooo glad he's mine! Tom is one of the most Christlike people I know. He is constantly serving someone. I miss him soooo much! Tom and Pat are in Russia right now serving a mission.
One thing I love about Tom is his great love for everyone. He loves to have a full house and has a way of making everyone feel so special. He is so generous and seems to always be giving selfless service.

Aren't these boys handsome?? Tom, Nelson, and Caleb on our wedding day.




Tom always says the funniest, corniest things! We are all laughing at something funny he said in this picture on Tara and Jarom's wedding day. Pat gets tired of all the corny jokes and tells us not to laugh at him...but I can't help it! He's is just so darn cute and funny!



The whole Arave family minus Caleb!


Tom and Pattie Lou's reaction to their mission call....WHAT HAPPENED TO MEXICO??



I had to put this picture on here! CUTE!! And Tom's handlebar moustache tops it off! :)
Nelson, Pat holding Rhett, Tom, and Tara.
I asked Nelson and Tara what one of their favorite memories of their dad is and they both said, "The cat food story!!" One night when Tara was about 7 years old and Nelson was 5 years old, Pat had to work and left the kids with her trusty husband Tom. They decided to have tunafish sandwiches for dinner. Tara took one bite of her sandwich, wrinkled her nose, and didn't eat anymore. Nelson and Tom thought the tunafish tasted great though! Little Nelson even ate two sandwiches! When Pat came home, she asked them what they ate for dinner. "Tunafish sandwiches!" exclaimed little Nelsie, "And they were so good!" Pat was confused because she knew they didn't have any tunafish in the house. She peered into the trash can and found.....CAT FOOD!!! EWW!!!! Haha! Isn't Tom the cutest dad??

I know that Nelson looks up to his dad soooo much. I'm so thankful that my husband has such a wonderful father that he can pattern his own life after. He honors his priesthood and always sets such a good example for all of us. I can't wait until they come home next March...I just know our baby boy will love his grandpa!!



Happy Birthday Tom!! Thanks for all you do...we sure love you!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

HAHAHA, I love the handlebar mustache picture. What a cute post!

The Turnarounds said...

Katie, I am So Glad that I found your Blog!! You are so funny!
Everything that you said about Tom is so True! By Far he is one of the Greatest Men that I know too. I hope one day that Aaron and I can be just like him and Pat, (minus the cat food sandwiches). ;)

Stephani Polson said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the older pics! So funny! Yeah the corny jokes are the best! Gotta love Tom!