Friday, July 3, 2009

Blown-out tire, twinners, river mishap, phew!!!

Could the title of this blog get any more interesting?!? Haha!! We have had a VERY eventful and fun summer so far!! I've been slacking on my blog posts....so here is the last three weeks crammed into one blog! :)

First of all, we can't get too far without saying that we have been eating at El Vacquero! YUUUUUMMMM!!! Nelson's whole family just loves it there! If you are ever in Blackfoot...you have to go! We think about Tom and Pat everytime we go. It's not quite as fun without you two! Tom went on his mission to Mexico so he orders in Spanish everytime. Once I tried to use my Spanish skills(which are pretty bad!) and order. I did okay until the waitress asked me something about my order. "Umm....Si?" Too bad the question wasn't yes or no....

My bro-in-law Rhett, Nelson snacking on a chip, and me!



Jarom, Tara, and Rhetthanial!
I have somewhat of a sad story....now that I think back on it I laugh but at the time I was a wreck!! Nelson had gone fishing with the bros so I was all by myself. I'm about 5 miles from home when our car makes a very ODD noise. Ohhhh no!! I pulled over and...blown out tire! I tried to call Nelson to see what I should do, but he was fishing and didn't take his phone out on the boat. I had just finished a 9 hour shift and was super tired. So I did what every 8 month pregnant girl who is wimp would do...I went ahead and drove that baby home!! How embarassing!! I was going about 15 mph on the highway and boy that 5 miles seems much longer when you are going slow! Luckily I didn't ruin the rim so it wasn't the worst decision ever. I don't know why I didn't just call someone to come help me. I just hate car problems, especially when I'm by myself! Just picture me driving down the side of the highway going as slow as a snail with the car tilted...HAHAHA! It's good to laugh at myself now that it's over!!!



How sad does that tire look??


On to a MUCH brighter note! Our friends Luke and Leah asked us to babysit their ADORABLE twinners. We even got to spend the night with them! They are the smiliest, cutest, funnest little ones ever! It made me even more excited for our baby boy to get here!

Miss Sophia laughing at brother!


Owen! Aren't they the cutest ever!



Nelson is going to be the BEST dad in the world! Sophie loved him the whole time!!



Cutie pie Owen playing with his toys!
I got my hair done yesterday...yeeee!!!! Getting my hair done is definitely on my top ten list of favorite things to do! You girls out there know what I'm talking about! It is so refreshing to get rid of those icky brownish roots and fried ends! Ahhh....

My handsome husby and me with my freshly done hair! :)
Jarom, Tara, Nelson and I went to Lava Hot Springs yesterday to float the river. We wanted to have some early Fourth of July fun! Keep in mind that both Tara and I are preggers....
Anyways, when we get there, Tara and I decided to share the double tube and the boys would ride single. We did that last year had lots of fun. Our husbands tried to convince us to just ride on a single tube, but we were convinced that the double would be safer. Ha! The river is pretty high this year from all the rain, so Tara and I decided to wear our lifejackets. We couldn't get mine to zip up over my big belly so I just straped the snaps together. We finally get on the river and this is what it looks like:
Ok, ok, I'm totally exaggerating! It was no where near this scary but still pretty scary nonetheless. Just visualize this: Tara and I are tossing and turning around in the river and we get completely turned around. We are heading backwards down the river when a HUGE drop comes upon us. We are both screaming and trying to paddle with our hands to turn the tube back around. We only get halfway so we hit the drop completely sideways. Next thing we know, the tube completely dumps us out and we are underwater!! What is super weird is I'm sure we were only underwater for a split second but I could clearly hear the water swishing around my head and I thought, "This is it. We are going to die." I could see the front page of the newspaper: "Two pregnant sister-in-laws die on river." How dramatic am I??? We were totally fine and resurfaced quickly. We couldn't stop laughing!! Our husbands showed up a few seconds later and were laughing at us too! After that first run, we traded in our double tube for two single tubes and went down the river three more times! We only got a little scratched up, and I'm pretty proud of my wounds! :)

Our matching elbow boo-boos!
I will be 32 weeks pregnant on Sunday...can you believe it?? Our due date seems close but yet still so far away! I was very happy to see this special parking for pregnant mothers and mothers with young infants. I have never seen one of these in Montana, so thank goodness we are in Idaho for the summer! Go Idaho! :)

Here's my belly progress throughout the past few weeks:

29 weeks!



30 weeks! Our baby boy is getting bigger and bigger!



31 weeks along! Only 9 weeks left! YEEEE!!!

So sorry about the lenghiness of this post...and also for all my embarrassing stories! At least I think they are funny! Have a happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Oh what a fun summer you are having! Thanks so much for watching our twinners! It was wonderful to not have to worry about them...knowing they were in great hands!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the decrease delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=deep dvd movie 1.0.1.73 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I have a week and do necheg