Saturday, January 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy-O!

We celebrated Nelson's 27th birthday on January 23rd!! YEEEE!!! I just LOVE birthday time! :)


Birthday decorations!

Happy Birthday waffles!


Time to open presents!


How handsome are my boys in their wireless headphones?!



Like father, like son! Ohhhhh!!




Ashton's favorite part of daddy's birthday...





We wore our little guy out!







The BIG 27!!!



Make a wish and blow out the candles!



Happy birthday daddy-0!
Life is soo wonderful for the Arave family! Nelson already has piles of homework and Ashton and I are keeping busy having fun! Here are some random pictures for your viewing pleasure!



Ashton having a BLAST in his jumper...I'm pretty sure he is screaming with excitement in this pic!


I just love, love, LOVE these two!! Aren't they handsome?!



Ashton showing off his sitting skills, he is getting better and better!



Don't tip over Ash!



I really have to brag about my perfect baby! I truly believe babies are much smarter than most people give them credit for. I know that Ashton can understand much of what we say to him. He definitely knows the meaning of the word, "Smile!" Anytime I say "smile!" his little face just lights right up! Perfect for picture time! I know what you're thinking, he is just smiling because he sees my smiling face. Well, I took several pictures like this one above and no one is smiling in front of him. He is a genius I tell you!! :) And a cute one at that!


Here is my super sweet husby doing the dishes...with PINK gloves?!




Our sweet baby!




This is my new favorite face! He looks like an old man, but in the most adorable way! We sure are grateful for our little guy!

11 comments:

The Richards said...

That is one adorable lil' guy of yours! I think that last picture does look like an old man. Have you seen Up? He kind of looks like that cute old man. :)

Heather Sellers said...

aww he is adorable!!! and babies are way smarter than we are told, we only discover it when we have them in our homes :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Ashton is already sitting up so good, he seriously has the cutest smile EVER! He is going to be such a ladies man, you can already tell. Happy late birthday to your hubby (he should sport those pink rubber gloves more often)!

Bradey and Alyssa Kendall Family said...

Ashton is SOO Cute!! Katie, you guys did good!! And I can't believe he is sitting up!! And tell your hubby happy birthday from the Kendall Family!!

Shane and Krystal Skaar said...

Katie, Ashton is getting so big!! He's definitely adorable.

Stephani Polson said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NELSON! Hope you had a great one! I love the last picture of Ashton! So cute!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

I do have to say, Your little boy is soo cute i love his dimples! And i loved the sponge bob birthday hats! :)

Hay and J said...

I love the picture of Ashton in his yellow pj's and sponge bob party hat! He is just adorable!

Jenny said...

Hey Katie! Great to get in touch with you! Ashton is beautiful and you are a wonderful, positive mother! It's fun to look back at your blog and pregnancy! You are adorable!

Jessica said...

Hi Katie! I'm finally making it to your blog... you've done such a nice job putting it all together! Thanks for finding us. I didn't know that our son and yours were soooo close in age--they are only a few days apart! That is fun. Aren't little boys the best? Your little guy is one cutie.

It looks like Nelson had a great birthday--somebody likes Sponge Bob! ;) Happy Belated Birthday!

We should get together sometime with you guys and some other young couples in the ward. We still have yet to meet many other people!

Adam and Victoria said...

Katie, he is so cute.