Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Ashton has a question......

"Will you be my Valentine?"
(How could you say no to that sweet face??)
I'm the LUCKIEST girl on the planet! I have most handsome Valentines a girl could ask for!!
I came across this poem and these words describe my handsome husband perfectly.
I love you,
Not only for what you are,
But for what I am
When I am with you.
I love you,
Not only for what
You have made of yourself,
But for what
You are making of me.
I love you
For the part of me
That you bring out,
I love you
For putting your hand
Into my heaped up heart,
And passing over
All the foolish, weak things
That you can't help
Dimly seeing there,
And for drawing out
Into the light
All the beautiful belongings
That no one else has looked
Quite far enough to find.
I love you because you
Are helping me to make
Of the lumber of my life
Not a tavern,
But a temple,
Out of the works
Of my everyday
Not a reproach
But a song.
I love you.
Anonymous
I love you sooo much Nelson Jay and Ashton Jay! I'm so glad that we are a forever family!!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Nana came to visit last weekend and we had soo much fun! Ashton was sooo excited to her! He couldn't stop smiling!


I just love my beautiful mom!



Ashton's Valentine's Day card for Nana!



The moment before Ashton dived in for his gift!
Life is so wonderful. I spend each day laughing and giggling with my favorite boys. There is nothing sweeter than Ashton's cute giggle and Nelson's contagious laugh. I just feel soo happy and blessed. The other night I had an epiphany. After contemplating what a blessing Ashton is, I realized that his happiness brings Nelson and I happiness.
Ashton truly brings out the best in me.
What a wonderful quality.
What a wonderful blessing.
What a wonderful son.
I simply cannot express my love for him.
A Day in the Life of Ashton:

Being Daddy's home teaching companion last month was extra fun because Mommy dressed me just like Daddy so we could be twins!


Every morning I charm my Mommy with my sweet smile! What lady could resist this grin?!




I occasionally look through some catalogs and decided how I would like to decorate.




Next, I will play a little basketball with Mom and Dad. I have to start working on my skills early if I want to play in the NBA!
After some tummy time, Mommy will sing me all my favorite songs. I especially like "Old McAshton had a farm", "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider", "The Wheels on the Bus", "I Love to See the Temple", and "Families Can Be Together Forever." My all-time favorite is my personal song, my name sung to the Mickey Mouse song. You know, "A-S-H-T-O-N, A-R-A-V-E!" That one always puts a smile on my face.
Next, Mommy will read some books to me. I love to look at the pictures. I also love to try to put the book corner in my mouth. It tastes so good!
Then I start to get rub my eyes in the cutest way possible and Mommy lays me down in my crib. I'm so good at putting myself to sleep!

Sometimes I get so tired I even fall asleep while playing!



I love to spend my time in the smallest places possible. This is one of my favorites!




I've always loved to have my diaper changed! I giggle especially hard when Mom or Dad tickles my belly!!




I love to practice sitting up!



Sometimes Mom likes to play dress up with me and lets me wear her headbands. Dad does not approve of this picture, but personally I think I look cute!



Some days Mommy and I go run some errands. I am a great companion and love to look around. I really enjoy visiting the library and staring at the busy kids there.



Mommy usually takes a million pictures of me daily, so flash doesn't even phase me anymore. She just tells me to smile and I give her a cute one and watch her giggle and coo over me. I think my mom might have a crush on me.


Sometimes staying awake is so hard!



I ALWAYS wake up super happy from my naps. Mommy knows when I am done napping because I am screaming with delight!!



I love to play with my monkey! He makes a scary noise when you press his belly, though, so we don't usually do that.


I just got a new high chair and I LOVE it! I feel like a king on his throne overlooking my palace.


I've been trying out new foods! I really love tender sweet peas, but hate those green beans. Whole grain oatmeal is a favorite and pears are just okay. I'm pretty good at drinking out of my sippy cup! I definitely won't take a bottle, my parents tried that one on me when I was pretty little.



Feed me please!
I will be 6 months old on February 24!! Half a year old! Holy moly!!



I love to eat!!



The day usually ends with lots and lots of hugs and kisses. I'm telling you, my mom is obsessed with me!


I like to have a good giggle before it's time for bed! I can't remember who gave me these cow pajamas but they are funny!
Much to my parents' dismay, I am growing rather quickly and can get up on all fours for a second!


They better baby-proof the house soon!



And there you have it! A day in my life. My main jobs are to look cute, laugh, giggle and bring happiness to all I come in contact with. I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself! :)

4 comments:

Samantha Polson said...

Cute boy!! I love seeing new pictures!

Bradey and Alyssa Kendall Family said...

He is SOOO adorable Katie!! I can't believe how quickly he's growing up. You are just the perfect mommy and wife!!

Tari said...

What a cute post and what a cute boy!

Shelley said...

Holy Nelson!!!! Little Ashton is a spitting image! ;) -Except with a few cuter qualities from you Katie! ;) What a little stud muffin.