Sunday, January 17, 2010

Solids!

Ashton is 4.5 months old (WOW!!) and he had his first taste of solid food last Tuesday. We knew he was ready because the whole time we were in Idaho, he kept trying to eat our food and take drinks from our cups. Ashton loooooves eating like a big boy! He gets so excited when we stir up his cereal and sometimes he starts shaking! He is such a cute little boy and we just love him to death! What a joy he is in our lives!
Getting ready to eat with his cute lion bib on!



This is my favorite bib! FEED ME! Thanks Uncle Derek!

I can't believe how big our baby is getting!


YUMMY!! :)


Ashton modeling his "I Love Daddy" bib!

We were sad to leave Idaho, but it feels great to be back in Montana. Nelson started school on Wednesday and ohhh boy! It is going to be a rough semester! I'm so proud of my hard-working husby and am so grateful for all the sacrifices he makes for our family.

Ashton was sad to say good bye to Uncle Caleb! :)


Have I mentioned that Ashton LOVES shopping? I'm not kidding! He is such an alert little guy and loves to touch everything! Here he is modeling some Jordan's we almost bought him. Slam dunk!

Ashton smiling at Daddy!

I love this picture! Ashton looks just like Nelson to me, only with my chubby cheeks!

Here are ten random facts about our cute little guy:

1. He is a rollie pollie! I try to give him some good tummy time, but he just rolls over right away!

2. Ashton loves to smile. He will smile at any stranger he encounters. I love this about him! Not only does he brighten my day, but also anyone who comes in contact with him.

3. He has "found his voice" and loves to speak in loooong sentences, especially when he is tired. Quite convenient for me, he speaks very loudly in quiet places, like during Relief Society today. :)

4. Ashton is a morning person. He always wakes up SO happy and smiley.

5. Everyone always tells us how alert Ashton is. He loves to touch things and put them in his mouth, especially new things.

6. He wants to be just like Mommy and Daddy. He will mimic everything we do, including trying to drink from a glass.

7. Ashton can almost sit up by himself. He can balance for a few seconds, but if something catches his eye and distracts him, whoooopsie! He will tip right over.

8. Ashton is obsessed with other babies. We sat next to another 4-month-old baby today and the two little boys couldn't stop reaching for each other. It was really funny because they both have poor hand-eye coordination so their hands kept missing each other. Soooo cute!

9. Anything that crinkles is Ashton's best friend. Shopping bags, chip bags, plastic grocery bags, the sheet on the table at the doctor's office. He could be entertained all day by any of these items. Too bad they make so much noise!

10. He is the CUTEST, SWEETEST, HAPPIEST little guy in the world! We are so glad that he is ours to keep forever! What a special little boy!

Ashton's "Good Morning" smile!

He loves to show off his sitting up skills! I'm pretty sure he is tipping over in this picture though...


Oh! Nelson and I got ourselves a new couch for Christmas and we LOVE it!

3 comments:

Stephani Polson said...

What a cutie! Kylar loved crinkly noises too so Shauna made him a fun toy. She took a couple grocery sacks and sewed them into cute fabric so he could still crinkle them but he wouldn't choke on the plastic. There's a little project for ya! Love the new couch!

Heather Sellers said...

how cute! he is adorable Katie! Eleanor loves her solids too, so far she loves EVERYTHING we have fed her and I mean EVERYTHING.

Samantha Polson said...

He's so cute! It goes by fast huh? New stuff is awesome....your couch look comfy!