Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grandparents!!!

We have been keeping quite busy with lots of visitors, mostly GRANDPARENTS!! And, brace yourselves, Ashton gets to meet his Grandpa Tom and Grandma Pat in five days!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!! Tom and Pat have been faithfully serving a mission in Russia while their very first grandson, Ashton, and first granddaughter, Ava, have been growing like weeds! I have been looking forward to this moment for a long time! I know Ashton is going to LOVE his grandparents! Tom and Pattie Lou are actually flying home right now and will be in Idaho tomorrow night. Luckily, our Spring Break is next week so we will be able to spend a whole week together. YEEE!!!


Ashton is still our happy-go-lucky guy!

I feel soo blessed to be able to hang out with this cool dude every day!


Ashton's new favorite thing to suck on: FEET!! :)



I can't get over Ashton's silly face in this picture...I love my boys!!!



Ashton helping Mommy with the laundry!
Ashton passed the BIG half-year mark on February 24!! Holy moly! I can't believe how fast he is growing up! Sometimes I just stare at my cute boy and wonder where in the heck my newborn went! He is developing so quickly and will be mobile before we know it!

We decided to celebrate! (I looooove to celebrate!) Happy 6 month birthday Ashton!




Then Ashton stuck his hand right in the cake and was unhappy when we wiped his hand off without letting him eat any. Poor guy! Don't worry, Ash, we'll let you eat cake when you turn one!




Time for a present! We sure love our little guy!
Grandpa Brad came to visit us last weekend and we had SO much fun! Ashton always gets startled by my dad's deep voice, but after a while he warms right up!


We went out to eat one night and Ashton sat in a high chair!



He is SUCH a big boy! Here he is holding Grandpa's hand!



Having sooo much fun with grandpa!



Ashton playing with a new toy!



We have a strange little boy. Most babies have a preference for sweeter food, like fruits, but not our guy! His favorite food is peas! Mmmm! Well, really his favorite food is cereal, but I think that's because Mommy mixes it with breastmilk, which Ashton absolutely loves.


Ashton loves to babble and tell stories. These stories are very interesting and usually have a high climax animated with a...

{SCREAM!} followed by a fit of giggles to end the story. What a cutie!!



Ash is getting very good at the crawl position. Sometimes he scoots himself backwards a little!


Ashton and I had a fun play date last Friday! My friend Kristine went on a little get-away so we hung out with her two little ones all day! Ashton is at a stage where he is in love with kids! We really had soo much fun! Charlie, who is three, loves to run all around and Ashton would turn his little head all around to watch him! Ashton has quite the crush on Olivia, who is 18 months old. Way to go for the older women Ash! ;) Olivia kept giving Ashton little hugs and both kids kept kissing him on the forehead, which was received with shouts of glee from Ashton!

Charlie and Ashton! Isn't that sweet?? Charlie was so gentle and loving to Ashton and Ashton never took his eyes off him!


Playing together!
My mom and her husband, Doc, came to visit this weekend! We love, love to have visitors!!


Ashton with his Nana!

Ashton loves to be with his Daddy! He especially likes to help him with his homework.



Two peas in a pod! They love each other so much!!
We've been having some spring-like weather and OH! it feels great! I can't wait to get outside and go for stroller rides and play at the park!!
Ashton has one question to end this post....

IS IT SUMMER YET????????? :)

7 comments:

Cheri and David said...

So cute...He's growing so fast! We'll have to go on a few stroller walks together. Me and the kids are out and about every day and I've been dying for the parks and trails to dry out so we can get up and GO!

Samantha Polson said...

so cute! he's getting so big! yay for grandpa and grandma arave coming home! they will be so happy to finally get to hold and kiss the little ones!

Samantha Polson said...

so cute! he's getting so big! yay for grandpa and grandma arave coming home! they will be so happy to finally get to hold and kiss the little ones!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Ashton is growing up so fast!!! He is just so super cute! Owen and Sophia loved the vegetables too!

Jessica said...

I just can't get over that darling dimples. He is a cutie!

Hope you guys had a great spring break!

Alica and Dennis Harris said...

Those dimples are to die for! What a cutie!

Jill said...

He just gets cuter every day Katie! :-) I bet his grandparents couldn't wait to pinch his cute cheeks! How exciting is that!