Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Growing, Changing, Developing

My little baby turned 8 months old on Saturday! I can't believe it! Babies grow so unbelievable fast...
The entire time I was pregnant all I could think about was a tiny little newborn baby. For nine months the picture in my head was this:


But you know what? I blinked my eyes and that stage disappeared!! I hardly ever thought about having an 8-month-old baby, only about this sweet tiny piece of heaven! So it has taken me by complete surprise to wake up each morning greeted by a sweet smiling face of a little boy!!

Our Ashton brings so much joy and happiness to our home. We simply could not love him more! What a blessing it is to be his mother.

Take a peek into the growing, changing and developing boy we call Ashton!



One week old. This was a rare moment when his eyes were actually open! :)





One month old. Sweet smile.




Two months old. Developing his unique personality.




Three months old. Such a precious boy.




Four months old. Happy, squealing boy.




Five months old. A time of discovery and more awareness.




Six months old. Quite the charmer.




Seven months old. The most handsome baby alive.




Eight months old. Understanding, developing empathy, becoming a little boy.

My heart is filled to the brim with love for our baby boy. I love him so incredibly much! I hope that as he continues to grow, he never forgets how much his Heavenly Father and family love him. He is such a special son of God and has great potential. Though my face may never grace a magazine cover, though I may never obtain riches or become famous by the world's standards, I am nurturing a young child that will bring about goodness. And that is more important than anything.

Winnie the Pooh said it best, "Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

4 comments:

Heather Sellers said...

Isn't it insane how fast they grow? He is sure a handsome little boy!

Cheri and David said...

So true...all of it! He is a little sweetheart! (and you're an awesome mom!)

Samantha Polson said...

Soooo cute! It's incrediable how such a small person can make you feel so awesome...and they really don't even know that they do...

Vollmer Family said...

Kaite - your little boy is so precious!!