Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!!! :)

Sorry I have been neglecting our blog...


But I'm baaaack! :)


I have so so much to blog about, so get comfy!

Ashton is now 9 months old {WOW!} and his cute little personality brightens every day. It has been so fun "rediscovering" the world as I look through Ashton's eyes. Everything is so neat and amazing as it is discovered for the first time. Ashton has always been a curious baby and now that he is a quick crawler, he can get into everything!! He has been pulling himself up on anything in sight for a while now. At first it was very dangerous because he was very good at climbing up, but not so great at getting back down. He is pretty good at gentle landings now, though.

Ashton's sense of humor is growing and developing each day. Now I just flash a funny face at him and his little body bounces with laughter. There is no better sound than his cute laugh. Nelson and I could listen to it all day, so we have officially turned into the dorkiest parents ever (not that we weren't before!) and are always dancing around making funny faces. What fun.

After wondering if our baby would have to wear dentures from lack of teeth, Ashton finally cut his first tooth yesterday!! It was quite the celebration in our house. Although Ashton had no idea why his parents were so excited, he joined in the celebration with some clapping and screams.

I have just been having so much fun with my boys!
We bought Ashton this adorable swimsuit and the cutest inflatable pool, but it has been too chilly!


Surfin' USA!




We have been going on some fun walks together! Ashton is definitely an indoor-type of guy, though. We tried to let Ashton crawl on the grass, but he was not having it. Plus, everytime Ashton sees the sun, he makes this face:


We just love our little guy!!



How cute are these shades??



We seriously have the sweestest little boy in the world! He brings so much joy into our home. I'm always sad to put him to bed at night because I miss his cute smile!


My mom came to visit us and came with a new book for Ashton!! Ashton loves having Nana and Doc visit!



Ashton loves to help Mommy with the laundry! He is really good at taking the folded laundry out of the basket and slobbering all over it! :)



Our little one just loves bathtime! He doesn't mind water on his face at all and especially likes it when we pour water down his back!


My first Mother's Day was just perfect!! Ashton is modeling one of my presents!



Love that cute smile!!



Something very exciting happened while we were in Idaho...my father went through the temple!! Yippee!!! Words cannot express my happiness. I am so so proud of him and how far he has come. I'm so glad he is my dad!! My grandma was able to come down for the event, so we took a four generation picture. Ashton had the cutest outfit on, but of course it got peed on, so Ash had to wear some of cousin Ava's pj's! :)


Every time we go home to Idaho, it is a necessity to eat at El Vaquero. You can tell from that big grin that Ashton has inherited his grandpa and father's love for this restaurant! :)



My bro-in-law Caleb, my dad, and me at El Vaquero!




Nelson and his parents!



When we got home, we found this adorable sombrero for Ashton!! I think he might have been born in the wrong country........



Tom and his two grandchildren, Ashton and Ava!! I love this picture!



Nelson made this amazing family tree for his grandma for Mother's Day. He worked so hard on it and it turned out incredible! The part that is truly inspiring is there are 106 names on that tree that started with two people. What a legacy!



Our little family!



I was so so excited because my best girlfriend, Nakelle, had her baby shower while we were home! It was so fun to see her and her family! Ashton had the biggest crush on her little cousin Katelyn. Nakelle actually had her baby today! They named him Carter Reed Rose and Ashton cannot wait to be his best friend! :)



My boys giggling together! I smile every single time I look at this picture!



Baby Ash hanging out with Grandpa Tom



Ashton with his only cousin, Ava! They have a love/hate relationship. They will play nicely for a while, then Ava will start pulling Ashton's hair. The sad part is Ava will be laughing and Ashton crying. Luckily, Ashton can crawl away, but it won't be long before Ava can chase after him! I hope they will be the best of friends as they grow up.



I know I say this so much, but it is soooo true!! I love our little boy so much and am so grateful for the light and laughter he brings to us!!



How can you resist this face??



Sweet Ashton giving that cute boy in the mirror a kiss!



Man, parenthood is AWESOME!!



Ashton had a little cold a couple weeks ago. I felt bad for the poor guy, but I was also grateful for the cuddly mood it put him in. Is that mean or what? You moms out there know what I'm talking about. Ashton is usually on the run all the time, but when he isn't feeling so hot he will snuggle up with Mom and Dad.



This was Nelson's final project from last semester. Pretty impressive!! I'm so proud of him! The detail on this model is amazing. He received an A- in his design studio, which is unheard of in architecture school! Ashton and I are so blessed to have such a talented and hardworking man in our lives!



Grandma Pat and Grandpa Tom (Nelson's parents) came to visit us in Bozeman! Doesn't Ashton look wise beyond his years? ;)



Ashton and Tom on campus!



Ashton absolutely loves this bird's eye view!



Ashton looking at all the ducks!



I know I am waaaaay behind on my blogging, but it was my birthday a month ago! :) I turned the big 22 and had a wonderful day! I love the "smile" on Ashton's face!


My mother-in-law Pattie Lou has the best taste. Anytime I ever get compliments on my clothes or accessories, I always respond, "Oh thank you, my mother-in-law gave it to me!" I just love her!

Well, this is officially the end! Sorry I have been such a slacker, I promise to do better! My brother is getting married on June 12 {yay!} and we can't wait for a mini vacation!

5 comments:

Stephani Polson said...

Wow! You three have been busy, busy! Such cute pictures of Ashton! He's getting so big! I love the red bow tie you had on him. Such a little stud! And congrats to your dad for going to the temple! That's so wonderful! I bet that was really a neat experience for you! :)
I know what you mean about the "cuddly mood" when kiddos are sick! Once they start running around, you have to take advantage of any "down time" you can!
Have fun on your vacation for your bro's wedding!

Cami Jo said...

Yay, It looks like you have been having fun. Your little boy has such cute smiles!

Samantha Polson said...

Oh man...you have one cute kid...you'll be beating the girls off with sticks!
That family TREE was awesome! Kudos to Nelson!
LOVE those dimples! Gee we really need to get our kiddos together...I know I say that a lot...but seriously!

Mary Lynn Evans said...

That family tree is awesome!!!

The Larsons said...

Katie!!! I have missed reading your little blog..your little boy is adorable!!!