Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Weekend Filled with Baby Chicks, Ducks and Grandpa!!

Ashton was in complete heaven this weekend!! My dad came to visit us and he spent every waking minute doing whatever Ashton wanted him to! Isn't it so fun to watch your parents be grandparents?? I almost feel like I am getting a glimpse of my childhood when I watch my parents with our little boy. 


Our first adventure of the day was taking a little drive to Murdoch's to see the baby chicks!! Ashton LOVED them!! He kept wanting to pick them up, which is not allowed, and probably for good reason with a 19-month old around!!

My dad took us out to eat on Friday night since my birthday is coming up! We don't eat out much (starving graduate student's budget!) so it was a real treat!
My dad was so cute playing with Ashton at the playground. They wore each other out and both took an afternoon nap! :) 

It takes Ashton a little while to warm up to his Grandpa Brad, but it doesn't take long before they are best friends! Ashton was giggling and having the time of his life!!


Next, we walked to the middle of campus to the duck pond!! Ashton would follow the ducks around with a piece of bread in his hand. It was the cutest! 

I absolutely love these last two pictures!! Ashton is smiling up at his Grandpa with so much love in his eyes and smile!

He just loves being with his Grandpa Brad!! (I do too!) What a wonderful weekend!


5 comments:

Derrick Duncan said...

You know, it is funny I was scared to death of uncle Brad when I was a kid. I loved him to death, but was frightened. My kids on the other hand, can't get enough of him!

Kendra said...

That was me Kendra, Not my Husband:)

Cami Jo said...

Oh, How fun!! Parents being Grandparents really is great, and fun to experience!!

Gillaire said...

you know what's funny Katie, I'm still bit intimidated with your dad...not because I'm scared of him, but because he's WAY taller than I am lol...
I'm soo glad that you got to spend some quality time with your dad!!

Jessica said...

Baby chicks! It seems that everyone here has chickens in their backyards, and so this time of year, you get to enjoy all the little baby chicks! Some people in our ward invited us over for dinner, and they had some. Bridger LOVED it!