Friday, July 8, 2011

Everything this Arave family has been up to for...the last 3 months!!!

So....I have once again placed myself in the low ranks of blogging slacker. I'm blaming this absence on Baby #2, as this wee little one inside me likes his/her mommy to nap during Ashton's nap time. It was essential. Plus we have been busy, busy, busy traveling and having so much fun! Here is my effort to document everything!
Ashton's Aunt Tara made him the CUTEST little ties!!



The caption says it all: we LOVE shopping!! Ashton is the best little shopper and is always willing to endure long stretches. 

Nelson is having a blast in graduate school. He gets to make lots of great stuff that we can actually keep, rather than spending 100 hours on a model which is now stuffed in our office closet. He designed and built this desk...pretty cool!! It is very sophisticated, sleek and gives me an "under the sea" feeling! :)



We celebrated my 23rd birthday on April 21!! It was SUCH a fun day! Montana even gave me a present of sun, rain, hail, then snow. It was awesome.

I just love, love, LOVE my cute little family!!!!

Nelson had a week break between semesters, so we headed home to Idaho!! Nelson's mom slipped in the bathroom a month earlier and broke her foot so she had this wheelchair in the house and Ashton was lovin' it!

Ashton absolutely loves his cousin Ava ("Aaaaada"! in Ashton language!) He is constantly giving her hugs and kisses and loves to feed her. 

Best little shopper ever!

Nelson's cousin graduated from the Police Academy and we were able to get together with lots of family! Ashton was just lovin' this little doggie!

Playing outside with Papa!

Cutie Olivia rollerblading!

Ashton is Tom's little shadow and imitator! 

Ashton is sooo completely infatuated with his Grandpa Tom. I can't even describe how in love he is with his Papa! Whenever we spend the night at Tom and Pat's house, the very first thing out of Ashton's mouth when he wakes up in the morning is "PAPA!!" 

 
Ashton and cute little Traceon looking out the window together!

I have been wanting a pair of boots for the longest time and have searched relentlessly for quite some time. I saw some at a boutique and fell in love with them, but not the price tag. I was completely unsuspecting when Nelson handed me my Mother's Day present...

THE BOOTS!!! I looooove them! Ashton and I are both so surprised! ;) 

I know, I am so spoiled by that handsome husby(and mother-in-law) of mine!

The Arave Family on Mother's Day! We found out THAT MORNING I was pregnant! :):)

Ashton and Ava having soo much fun playing together!

Ashton giving me yet another Mother's Day present, a new book for us to read together!

We chipped in together with Tara and got Pattie Lou this basket filled with chocolate-covered goodies. They were divine!!

Looking goooood!!!

You too, little guy! :)

Cutest little pair of cousins!

Ashton wasn't feeling very good near the end of our trip and took a little nap with Grandpa. How sweet!!!

We got to celebrate Tom's birthday while we were home!

The day we came back to Bozeman we were able to meet up with Jen Handy, who Nelson baptized on his mission!!! She and her father went on a zip lining/rafting adventure and even camped outside Yellowstone Park(freeeezing!) They drove up to Bozeman to have dinner with us! It was so fantastic to see Jen!! She is seriously one of the coolest girls I know.  

Whenever Nelson or I put on our sunglasses in the car, Ashton insists on wearing some too. He put these on all by himself!!

Ashton received another haircut from his talented daddy! 

It was much needed!!

This is what my mornings usually look like: hat on head(backwards), scarf in one hand, flip flops in the other. "Side??? Side??? Side???" That's Ashton lingo for "Please take me outside, I don't care if it is snowing or if the sun is shining!"

Happy boy!

He loves the slide!

My little monkey!



Ashton helped me plant my tulips from Cheri! 

Ashton LOOOOOOOVES to play outside! I can't get enough of that sweet smile!

We have been having lots of fun with Ashton's little friends! Some are missing from this collage, but he really loves his little playmates!
 



So, there you have it! Don't worry, this is just a small dent in my huge pile of blog-worthy material. :) Stay tuned for more soon!

1 comment:

The Clarks said...

ha ha that picture of you and natalie is funny to me. =) i would love to get together again for a play date! (no babysitting involved, haha.) i think that is the coolest that you found out you were pregnant on mother's day! that is awesome. =) i hope you are feeling well! you sure seem to be having a great summer!