Life is wonderful. I really am so blessed. Every time General Conference rolls around, I am convinced that this one has been the most uplifting and inspiring. I guess the Lord just always knows what I need to hear at certain times. I am so grateful for a living prophet. Isn't it amazing to have a prophet on the Earth?? I know that when I listen and obey the teachings of the prophets and apostles, I am doing what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing. If you are reading this and haven't had a chance to listen to the Lord's mouthpieces, I encourage you to click on the link above and just listen to even one talk, even if you aren't a member of the Church. I know the Holy Ghost touches my heart when I listen to the words of the prophet.
Conference has inspired me. I am inspired to strengthen my testimony, to refocus and realign my actions with the will of God. I am inspired to listen to the promptings I receive from the Holy Ghost. I am inspired to come to know Heavenly Father through my trials and look forward with faith rather than backwards with despair. I am inspired to live to my greatest potential by becoming what Heavenly Father wants me to be. I am inspired to find happiness regardless of my circumstances, not taking a single day for granted. I am inspired to place my marriage and the rearing of our children as my TOP PRIORITY. I am inspired to first observe, then serve. I am inspired to give Heavenly Father my greatest love and loyalty. I am inspired to notice Heavenly Father in the details of my life. I am inspired to more diligently pursue my family history. I am inspired to emulate the Savior's example of kindness.
 |
| Our cute boys building a temple during Conference. Actually, it was more like Ashton was building a temple and Beckham kept knocking it down! :) |
 |
| We LOVE Conference!!!! |
 |
| Ashton dressed up like a fireman during a session! |
Here's what our little family has been up to for the past little while...
 |
| Ashton and Beckham love to color together (actually Beckham mostly eats the crayons!) so I printed off a coloring sheet of a picture of them! |
 |
| Bathing boys! Ashton loves to dump water on Beckham's head! |
 |
| Hi! Ashton's writing is improving daily and he is close to being able to write every uppercase letter in the alphabet all by himself. |
 |
| Ashton wearing Daddy's shoes, playing the piano! So cute! |
 |
| Our little boys love to go to the library. |
 |
| Ashton putting a puzzle together. |
 |
| Our two boys have the cutest relationship. Beckham just adores Ashton and loves it when Ashton gives him even the tiniest bit of attention! |
 |
| We are still having 70 degree weather, so we have spent many hours playing on the swing set. |
 |
| Sliding together! |
 |
| Both boys are always sad when I make them come back inside! |
 |
| Ashton has become quite the Daddy's boy. Good thing Beckham is a Momma's boy or I might go into a deep depression! ;) Just kidding. Ashton tells me throughout the day how much he misses his Daddy. He only wants Nelson to read and sing to him before bedtime. He also only wants Nelson to strap him in his car seat, help him use the bathroom and style his hair. |
 |
| I just LOVE this picture! Sweet Ashton decided to push Beckham and Beckham is laughing with delight! |
 |
| Ashton likes to wind up with a large scissor kick before going down the slide! Haha, he is too cute! |
 |
| Beckham boy enjoying his dinner! |
 |
| Ashton sitting with his friends. Sorry about all the naked pictures...it has been too hot for clothes!! :) |
 |
| The Arave brothers. |
 |
| My BOYS!! Oh how I LOVE them!! |
 |
| Our sweet angel sleeping. |
 |
| After we are done getting ready for the day, Ashton will exclaim, "We're stylin'!" |
 |
| I LOVE that dimply smile!! |
 |
| Ashton loves to help me clean and do all the household chores. One morning he woke up and made his bed right away. I was so proud of him! |
 |
| Beckham is a good little helper too! |
 |
| We have been playing Wii Fit lately and Ashton thinks it is magic! |
 |
| All the boys hula hooping together! |
 |
| Aunt Tara gave Ashton this tent for his birthday and both boys LOVE it! |
 |
| I can't get enough of those handsome faces!! |
|
|
|
 |
| My absolute favorite time of the day: STORYTIME!! Beckham is finally old enough to endure book after book after book that Ashton requests. :) He usually falls asleep! |
 |
| Ashton and Mommy doing Pilates! |
 |
| He is so cute! |
 |
| Sweet Beckham boy fell asleep during lunch one day... |
 |
| My little helper! |
 |
| And again! :) |
 |
| One of my good friends, Emily, is pregnant with her first baby! I threw a baby shower for her, with the help of many ladies. I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to make it for part of my gift to her. It is a onesie wrapped around a sock in a cupcake wrapper. :) |
 |
| How ADORABLE is this cake?? My friend Nicole is beyond talented. |
 |
| Emily's little boy is due on Halloween...wouldn't that be a fun birthday?! |
I promise this post is almost over.... this blog is my family journal so I don't want to forget a thing!
 |
| My little fireman taking a break! ;) |
 |
| This is Ashton's very first family portrait! Beckham is down in the bottom left corner "crawling." |
 |
| Here's another family portrait, complete with labels! |
 |
| Friday night=family movie night! Ashton lasted through about half of this movie, which is pretty good for him! :) |
 |
| Happy fall!! We are so ready to wear all our fall clothes, but end up sweating since it is still 70+ degrees outside. Oh well, I'm certainly not complaining about warm weather!! |
 |
| Let's end this marathon of a post with some brother comparison pictures, shall we? |
 |
| They are still looking so much alike! Cute, CUTE boys!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment